Monday, July 1, 2013

Three months down, 15 more to go



Hi everyone!

K first of all, let's just think about how fast these last three months have gone by. Three months? Really. So weird. This week might have been the greatest week of my mission, maybe even my life. I have never felt so humbled and so grateful to be serving a mission than I do now. I love Alabama, and I keep having these fears of having to leave. Oh yeah, my mission call is to Brazil. Ha. There is no news on my visa, but it could be coming at any time. We'll see! But Alabama is great. I am so grateful to be here.

Let's think. Where to even begin on this week? I might just start listing some miracles we had this week. Yeah, let's do that.

One of our less-active families has a daughter, Alisha, who has never been baptized. She hasn't been to church since she was 7. She came to church this week. This week, Alisha started taking the discussions and wants to get baptized.

We felt inspired to go see another less-active in the ward. Her name is Manna. We get to her house, and she just starts crying because she had been having a hard time that day with everything. She had just finished praying to Heavenly Father for someone to come over and to help her out. And that's when we showed up.

We were over at Chandra's house. She's the one who has been coming to church for years, but her mom won't let her get baptized. I felt inspired to bring her with us to a less-active's house right after. Hearing her bear her testimony, just a normal girl that has a true desire to get baptized, was such an amazing experience. They were able to see how important the gospel really is to her, and it helped their faith so much.

Sister Jensen and I put on a family history class this week. Well, we organized it. We have no idea what to do with it. Haha. But we have some genius family historians in the ward, and they were so willing to help. We planned it all in one week, and I don't know how we did it, but we were able to pull it off. In a week! It was incredible. There were so many people that came, and the Spirit was so strong there. I loved every second of it.

One more story. This one is very personal, so I have to be vague. But it was a true miracle. Last night, at the family history class, one of the less-actives came. We had just visited her on Saturday. She felt so inspired to write me a letter about some things that she went through growing up. Things that she hadn't told anyone except her husband. She gave it to me last night and said that she knew she was supposed to give it to me. She started to weep and say how grateful she was for me and my example. That letter changed my life. I know how to help her gain a relationship with her Savior because I have experienced similar things. I have gained my testimony because of it. I know that the Spirit led her to write that letter. She had no idea why she was writing it, but she followed that prompting, and it has changed my life. I am so humbled that she would share that with me. I know I am supposed to be here for a reason, and that reason was to meet her. It was the biggest blessing I have seen since I have been out on my mission.

The Lord needs His missionaries. I know that some of the things I went through don't even compare to things that other people have experienced, but every experience that I've had has led me to this moment. Those trials that I went through were given to me so that I could help others. And those people are here. They are in Brazil. My testimony has grown so much this week. The Lord knows me, and He knows all of His children. He gives us other people to help us learn and grow, in ways that we might never expect. His way is the perfect way. I can't imagine anything else. The people I've been given have done more for me than I could ever express. I am so grateful for every single one of you. You are all so amazing.

I love you all. I miss you guys like crazy. I pray for you all every night. I'm learning so much here, especially humility. Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." I love this work. I will never stop being a missionary. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve my brothers and sisters and to serve my God. I love you all so much. I'll write again next week, and I will no longer be a teenager. It's going to be weird. Happy birthday to me. I love you guys! The church is true.

Sister Card
xoxo

I have the dang cutest companion.


We went thrifting today lady in our ward named Sister Budge. 
She is the best! It was so much fun!




Check out these beauties we found at the thrift store today. 
I was SO close to buying it... hahahahaha. Bringing back the 90s missionary attire...



Brother and Sister Sorensen, the ones who helped us 
with our family history night. It was amazing!!! 
They are incredible and oh so talented.



Family History night!



They don't have fitting rooms in the thrift store, so we go to the back of the store, 
put all the clothes on the bed, and try them on over our clothes. 
It's the most ghetto thing I think I've ever done, but we embrace it. So funny.


Selfie. Hahahaha this picture HAD to be taken. 
Thank you Dana for your darling package. 
She sent me this card, so I had to do it.


Sister Glover. She is my FAVORITE. 
She has been like my grandmother here. 
She feeds us every week and gets us little things, 
and she is seriously just the cutest lady in the world. 
I love her so much. Also, she is so dang cool. 
She's going skydiving next month. How cool is that? 
We planned another skydiving trip next October 
when I come back to Alabama to visit. I love her so much.


Me, Sister Jensen, Cameron (a recent convert - 
who quite possibly is the cutest mom and such an inspiration to me), 
Sister Stahle, and Sister Bush. We had dinner all together. 
So much fun. I love these ladies so much.


Sister Komorowski. She is the sweetest lady everrrrrrr.


Sister Sorensen (a family history GENIUS) and Sister Yow 
at our family history night. 
They are the best. Aren't they so cute?


Sister Yow. She is such a cute lady. We love her so much.


So dang cute. One of the boys in the ward had a 
Duck Dynasty birthday party and they all had these beards. 
Haha I love Alabama.



Chandra and Niecey. I love these girls SO much. 
They are coming to BYU. I want Jackson to date them, 
so Jack, do it. Thanks.


All Dana's cute things she gave me! 
I tried to hold it all in one armful... Hahaha. Not the cutest.


Bonnie, Sister Jensen, Jeanine, Alisha, and me at the family history night. 
These ladies are like my second family here. 
I love them so much. Jeanine is Sister Glover's daughter. 
They are the best family ever. 
They've got a room for me when I come back to visit next year!

1 comment: