Monday, July 29, 2013

Another week already?

Hey everyone!

I am so beyond shocked that we are already done with another week. Things are so crazy busy here and time just keeps going faster and faster. I am so excited for everything that is going on here! The Lord really is hastening His work. I'm pretty sure I say that in every letter, but He really is.

We had another great week this week. Guess who has another baptism coming up? Yes, we are seeing so many miracles! Her name is Kim. She is amazing. We met her sister a few weeks ago and gave her our number, and Kim called us because she felt like she really needed some help getting her life back in order. So naturally, we were like, um yes! We hadn't really been able to teach her until this week, but when we did, the Spirit was SO strong. During the Restoration lesson, we were talking about how we must be baptized by the Priesthood authority and how important that ordinance really is. Kim was like, "Okay, I want to do it. I want to get baptized. What do I need to do? I'll stop smoking, I'll stop drinking, I'll do whatever I need to so that I can get baptized." We hadn't even said anything about that, and she just knew right away what she needed to do. So yeah, she's incredible. She just really wants to get her life back in order so that she can be a good mom and a good example to her kids. She's so wonderful, and we are so excited for her to get baptized on August 17!!!

There's a lady in our ward here named Janice Clark. Oh my word. I have never met anyone with more faith than that woman. She recently became homebound because of her health, but she has done SO much with her life. She has converted SO many people and is still doing missionary work, even though she is sick. She knows that she can be healed, and that she will be healed. She is incredible. We went over there, and I told her my story about my back. She was in tears, and said, "That story is beautiful... You're beautiful... I'm so grateful you came out here so that I could meet you." Yeah, I was bawling. She is the cutest lady in the world, and I am so grateful that I was able to meet her! It's crazy to think that all these experiences come together and work together to create a miraculous journey. Missionary work is so cool. The Lord really does use all your talents and all your experiences. It's amazing.

I gave a talk yesterday in church. Mom, I think Mike sent you some pictures from the pulpit or something. Haha. I had no say in that, and I guess it's not against the rules...? I have no idea. But I bawled. There is something about that pulpit that make me cry like crazy. Especially because my talk was on families. Let me tell you all, I have the best family in the world. Pretty sure most of my talk just consisted of me crying and telling the ward how amazing my family is. But really, you guys are amazing and I miss you everyday. 

Other than that, there's not too much more to report. We have been seeing so many miracles. We are so blessed. I am so blessed. I've been given this amazing life that I take for granted every day. When I sit down and I think about all the things I've been given, I ALWAYS fall to my knees and just thank Heavenly Father with tears running down my face. I can't believe that I'm here sometimes. I think about where I've been and who I was, and I am just so beyond grateful that I got to this point. It was all part of the Lord's plan for me. I know He does have a plan for me, because without Him, I wouldn't be out here now. I am so grateful to be out here now. I love being a missionary. Sister Jensen and I started crying the other day because we are hitting our four month mark this week. We will be coming home in a year and two months. That is nothing. And I haven't even made it to Brazil yet! I can't believe how fast this is all going by. I'll be home before you know it. I think I might stay on my mission forever though. Do you think they'll let me do that? Nah. But I'll do my best. 

Life's great. The church is true. I am so grateful for my life, my friends, my family, my Savior, and my Heavenly Father. We are so blessed. All of us. 

I love you all. I am so grateful for you all. Everyone is coming home from their missions now and I can't believe I won't be there for it. Russ Walker comes home this week, Brayden Matheson and Taylor Dolbin come home next week... Time goes by way too fast. So crazy. 

Well tell everyone I say hi. I love you guys. Keep us in your prayers. I'm figuring out that there is so much I need to work on so that I can be a better missionary. Things are great though. I love you! Write me letters. We keep thinking that something happened to the mail lady. Then we realized that it's just because no one is writing us anymore... Awkward. We're getting to that stage of mission work when everyone at home forgets about you. Ha. Love you guys. The church is true.

Sister Card

xoxo

Javaris, Little Willie, Kim (the one getting baptized) and I. 
Aren't they the cutest little family ever? 
Oh my word, I love them so dang much. 
They are so cute. This is the first time 
Little Willie ever smiled in a picture! Kim was so pumped haha.

Little Willie, Kim's son. Cutest little boy ever.


Javaris, Kim's son



Tell Alex that yes, I still drink Dr. Pepper like crazy. 
We just found a gas station that sells any size soda for 79 cents!!! 
Best day of my life.

Today for P-day, we made treats and did puzzles. 
Alicia, me, Sister Jensen, Chandra and Necie. 
I love them all so much. Best P-day ever.

Alicia and Corey Nielsen, Elder Taveuveu and Elder Redd and I. 
The Elders (since the beginning of the mission) 
have been making fun of me because apparently 
I play tennis so gracefully. 
They say I play ballet tennis. 
Hence, the way I'm standing. Elders are the worst. 
Ha. Gotta love them.

Playing tennis at 6 am... Looking so good, right?

Isn't my companion the cutest ever? Love her so much!

I have a recipe for the best S'more dessert in the world. 
Be jealous. Oh, this is so dang good. 
This picture doesn't do it justice. But trust me. 
It's amazing. I'm gonna get married as soon as I get home, 
just because I know how to make this thing. Not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment