Monday, July 15, 2013

Best week of the mission. Really.

Hi everyone!

How is everything? I hope life is being kind to you all. It sure is being kind to us. This week was the greatest week of the mission. By far. I have never seen so many miracles in my life. Oh my lanta, I just love being a missionary and seeing all the amazing things that I get to see every single day. We exceeded our past numbers by a lot this week. Things are moving so quickly, and I feel so blessed to be here.

We had a great Family Home Evening with our investigator Michelle and the W family in our ward. Michelle is still waiting for her husband to get home in August to be baptized, but we are really starting to get her into the church and meeting all the ward members. Total immersion (just not by water yet... haha). We had an amazing lesson with them about faith. We read Alma 32:27-28 about how faith is like a seed. So we decided to do a little "experiment" with them. We gave all 6 kids there a little pot and some seeds. We decorated them all cutesie. Then, we told them that they could only water the plant when they read their scriptures. So now, they will be able to see their "faith" grow as they read their scriptures. We are so clever. We thought of that one all on our own. Hahaha. But really, it was a great lesson, and now all the kids are super excited about reading their scriptures every day.

The N family is doing AMAZING. They have been reading the Book of Mormon almost every single day, and really starting to love it. They have been to church the last three Sundays, after not having been in years! So they are doing so many amazing things. We are most excited about them and their growth in the church. They are an awesome family, and I still cry almost every day because every time I see her, J tells me that I was sent to Alabama to meet them.

Here's our real miracle of the week. We had a referral from Salt Lake about two months ago, for a girl named RW. She was someone who requested missionaries from lds.org. We tried to reach her aaaaaaall the time. She changed her number and we never were able to catch her at home. So we kind of gave up on her. Then randomly, on Saturday night, we thought, maybe we should stop by and see if she is home. AND SHE WAS. We went in and talked to her and just kind of got to know her. These were her exact words, "Religion has never been a big part of my life, but I know I am supposed to be a Mormon. Everything in my life has been bringing me back to Mormons and the Book of Mormon. I've been reading it since 2006, and I'm finally at the point in my life where I feel like I should do something about it." We had tears in our eyes! Have you ever heard of anything more amazing than that? GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR. Honestly. She is the best thing to ever happen. We saw her again with a member last night, and she is so into the church. Oh my word, it is amazing. We are seeing her again on Wednesday! I am still just so shocked that it all worked out like that. There are people who are truly being prepared for the gospel, we just need to find them!

We had four of our investigators at church yesterday, and two less-active families. This was SUCH a huge accomplishment. (Especially because the Elders didn't have anyone... Sisters are killin' it out here!) We are seeing so much success, just because we know how to love people and trust in Heavenly Father. I don't know how to do much, but I can love the people so much, and I can trust in the Lord. He is doing all the hard work, I'm just helping out a little. There are true miracles happening in Alabama, especially in Prattville. We taught the most lessons out of our whole district this week. We are seeing miracles! If two little visa waiters, with no trainer, can figure this out and actually be successful at it, you have to know that this work is entirely the Lord's. There are SO many miracles!!!

I am so grateful for my mission. I have learned more in the last three and a half months than I could have ever imagined. Heavenly Father loves each of you so much. He cares for you. He knows you, and He wants to help you. Trust in Him. Use the Atonement of Jesus Christ in your life. It was done to HELP you. Let it. Life is incredibly hard. There are things that you are all going through that I can't help you with. But your Savior can help you. He wants to help you. He has already suffered so much, just to know you and to know your pains. And now, it's easy for Him. He can and will help you if you let Him. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30).

I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some days, I still can't believe I'm out here serving. I think about where I was a few years ago, and where I am now, and the change is drastic. The Lord has led me to this point in my life. I am so grateful for it. The gospel has changed my life more than I can explain. I love it more than anything else in the world, and there is no place I would rather be, than in Prattville, Alabama, serving my Heavenly Father.

I love you all. I pray for you all. I hope you have an amazing week. The church is true. It's perfect, and I love it.

Sister Card
xoxo

P.S. Transfers are this coming week... I could be leaving Prattville. It'll be major depression. But I'll go where I'm needed. Love you guys <3 (:


Sister Jensen put up all these hearts with things she loves about me for my birthday. 
If she's not the cutest thing ever, I don't know what is.

It's been pouring rain all week. Don't mind that I look like a wet dog.

Sister McIllece - the Relief Society president. We love herrrrr!


No comments:

Post a Comment