Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly Email from this 20 year old missionary!

Hi everyone!

So yes, I'm 20 years old. Thank you SO much for all the birthday emails and letters and treats and gifts and everything! I am SO blessed. I love you all so much and I am so beyond grateful for every single one of you. Thank you thank you thank you.

This week was amazing. My birthday was the best birthday I think I've ever had (and my last one was spent sliding down waterfalls in the Dominican Republic). So yeah, it was an incredible day.

This week we focused a lot on service. Our new Mission President got here (and he is the sweetest man in the entire world, next to my own dad), and in our "Meet the President" meeting, he talked a lot about service. So we went out, and we served like bosses. I don't think a day went by that we didn't wash someone's dishes, or clean their bathroom, or fold their laundry, or organize their living room, or bring them flowers to tell them we love them. I have never felt so much love for the people that I am serving. They are the most incredible people I have ever met, and I feel so humbled that I have the opportunity to have met them. I bore my testimony in church yesterday, and I was so overwhelmed with gratitude for the people that are here. They are such incredible examples to me. I love them more and more every day.

The members have been coming out with us so much more since the broadcast! It has been incredible to see how much influence they really have in the conversion process. This week, we are planning on getting members out every single day. I truly believe that we can do it. Oh, it was just such a great week this week. One of the ladies in our ward, Sister Fenn, came out with us twice. She is the Primary President, and she is the neatest person in the world. She is a convert to the church, and she has completely dedicated her life to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I look up to her so much. We took her to see a referral, Jerome. He's an 18 year old boy who just graduated high school. His girlfriend is a member in the ward over from us, and she is friends with Sister Fenn's daughter! We had no idea, but it worked out PERFECTLY. It was our first lesson with Jerome, so we started teaching him about the Restoration. The Spirit was so strong, and that boy had TEARS in his eyes. Yes. We made an 18 year old boy cry. Mission accomplished. If we come out of a lesson and we made someone cry, it was a successful lesson. Hahaha. But really it was so great, and I know that much of that relied on the fact that Sister Fenn came out with us. Members are SO important in the conversion process!

This week, we went over to Brother McIllece's home to teach him in Portuguese. He served his mission in Brazil, so we go over there to practice sometimes. My Portuguese is TERRIBLE. I need to work on it so much. It really is not good. It's going to be a major shocker when I get to Brazil. Pray for me.

So my birthday... What an awesome day it was. I'm running out of time, so I can't go into a lot of detail, but it was such a great day!!! We contacted a bunch of referrals, and were able to set up appointments with ALL of them. It was such a miracle, because we have been trying to get in touch with these people for such a long time. It was amazing! Then, Jeanine Nielsen, our BFF, cooked us dinner. She is the best cook ever, next to Dana Brooks. But really she is so great. I love her so much. Then we shared a lesson with her about the Book of Mormon. I have never experienced so many tears in a lesson. The Spirit was SO strong. I was able to bear my testimony that the Book of Mormon has changed my life and how special it truly is. It was the greatest lesson that we have ever taught. We were all bawling. So special.

This church is true. I am so grateful for it. There is so much work going on, and I love it. Keep being good. Keep writing me. I love you all and am so grateful for you all! You are in my prayers.

Read Romans 8 and the talk "Living for the Eternities" by Elder Keith K. Hilbig in the July Ensign.

I love you.

Sister Card
xoxo
First minute of being 20! Getting old. Love you. 

Happy birthday to me! I loved this package!!! So cute. Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment