Monday, July 22, 2013

Well, this week was ACTUALLY the best week of the mission



Hi everyone!

K, so I didn't think it could get too much better than last week, but it did. Every day keeps getting better and better. Oh, and we had transfers this week and we were almost POSITIVE that one of us was going, but turns out, Sister Jensen and I are needed for another transfer in Prattville. Almost four months together and still going strong!!! I'm not complaining. Especially now, because we have TWO baptisms coming up this transfer!!! I'll get to that part, but we are so dang excited about it. It took us a little while to get there, since our other baptisms fell through, but we are finally baptizing! TWICE! I'm getting ahead of myself, but I am just so excited about it!

First, let me start with our investigator R. She is the one that said, "I know I am supposed to be a Mormon." And yes, she is. We met with her a few times this past week, and it was absolutely incredible. We went over on Wednesday with a member and taught her the Plan of Salvation. She hadn't ever heard about it, which was good, because she knew almost everything about the Restoration of the church! So we actually felt like we were teaching her something this time! Everything was going great as we talked about where we came from and why we are here. When we got talking about the three kingdoms of glory, something changed. We all felt it. The Spirit just came into the room, and things got real. We were talking about the Celestial kingdom and how wonderful it is and how we all want to get there and how we can get there. Then, we moved into the Terrestrial kingdom. R started to sob. The only thing that she could even say was, "I don't have to go there anymore. I don't have to go there. Thank you. Thank you." We all started to cry. Imagine four girls sitting in a room, just hugging and crying together. That's what it was. The Spirit was stronger than I had ever felt in a lesson. We invited her to be baptized right then, and she accepted before we even finished the question. It was absolutely incredible. She is getting baptized August 10. She was really worried about telling her parents about it because they are Southern Baptists, and they are ROUGH when it comes to religion, but when she did, they were so supportive of her!!! R came to a baptismal service on Saturday and church yesterday. She loved it, and she might be more excited than we are about getting baptized! (And that is hard to do!)

Our other baptism... A.N.!!!  The family is our best friends ever.  A.N. never got baptized because her family stopped coming to church when she was 7.  We have been working with their family so much, especially with the Book of Mormon.  They have been reading almost every single day, especially A.N.  During our lesson Friday, with just A.N., we talked about how she is feeling about the Book of Mormon and about church.  She said, "I know it's true.  I want to implement these things that I am learning into my family now, and my future family.  I know it's so important to have a family based on Christ, and I finally feel like I'm at a place in where I am ready to do that."  So we started talking to her about baptism. And yeah, she accepted. Guess what day she wants to do it? August 10. So we have two baptisms on August 10 now! Talk about the best day ever. She's a little skeptical that she will be ready by that point, but wants to get there. Pray for her! She needs it. She's ready for sure, but she needs to feel like she is ready. 

This week was absolutely amazing, as you can tell. We have been seeing so many miracles, every single day. These baptisms are 100% because of the Lord. There have been a lot of missionaries, and even our Mission President, who have asked us how we are seeing so much success over the past few weeks. And you want to know how? We trust in Heavenly Father. He does all of the work. We just pray like crazy, read our scriptures like crazy, and don't take one second for granted. We work hard and we see miracles. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary; to see this work move forward. Ryan Devitt, heading out to ENGLAND this week, YOU ARE GOING TO KILL IT. I am so excited for you. It's crazy to think that all these 18 year olds are going out to serve, but it's so amazing. There are so many lives just waiting to be blessed. I love mission work. This time goes by so fast. I can't believe that we are starting our third transfer in the mission field. I was doing some mad calculating last night (mad calculating for me consists of a multiplication problem and a division problem...), and after this transfer, I will be 1/4 of the way done with my entire mission. That is no time left at all. I'm working so hard to make you all proud of me. I love you guys so much. Thank you for your love, your thoughts and your prayers.

The church is true. I will never deny it. I love my Savior and I love my Heavenly Father. I love my family and I miss them a little more every day. I have the best family in the world, with the greatest parents and the greatest brothers. There is not a day that goes by that I don't talk about them. I am grateful for the Atonement, for the knowledge I have that I can be clean. I can start over every day because my Savior has given me countless chances for a clean slate. It doesn't matter if you messed up today, because you have tomorrow. It's a new day, a new chance to start again and be better.

Eu amo voces!!!

Sister Card
xoxo

PS - FINN OFF OF GLEE DIED? It's all we've been hearing about, and when I first found out, I almost started crying. Not kidding. I loved him!!!



All the Sisters with "T"! We love her!

Sister B and "T"! They are the cutest ever!

Me, Sister Jensen, "R" (our investigator who is getting baptized soon!), and Sister B
 
Sister Jensen and I with "T"! So cute.

"T"
This darling girl who got baptized on Saturday!!! 
We have been teaching her a little bit with the other Sisters!

The "B" family
.  Never mind that I look like I'm 5. 
Hahaha it was a long day! But I love this family so much.


Dana's cute package!

No comments:

Post a Comment