Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Two months down? Whaaaat?



Hi Everyone!

Today marks my two month mission anniversary. WHAT? I can't even believe it. It is going by way too fast. (Maybe not for you all, but for me, it is FLYING). I had an amazing week this week. Every week is amazing on a mission though. There were so many miracles that we saw, and so many lessons that we learned. I learn so much every single day. It really is the greatest thing ever to serve a mission!

Okay so first, let me tell you about the best thing I've seen in my whole life. There is this lady in our ward, Sister Komorowski. She is the greatest person ever. She is very... eccentric. But we love her SO MUCH. We heard these stories about her "Christmas village" and were told that we needed to go see it. So last Monday night, we headed over there. AND OH MY WORD. She has this room above her garage that is A CHRISTMAS VILLAGE. Think about those cute Christmas decorations that Kim Bryant has in her house, and times that by 10000000. Not kidding. I'll send pictures of it. It is spectacular. Haha. We couldn't even believe it. Sister Komorowski told us that all of it together is probably $50-70,000 worth of decorations. And she said, "Sometimes, when I need a little Christmas in my life, I head up here and just enjoy it all." Hahaha we see the craziest things here. I love Alabama.

We had a great week with the Less Actives around here. We have been focusing a lot more on the Less Actives because they need just a little push. It has been amazing watching them learn and grow and remember why they truly do love the gospel. I absolutely love going over to see them, because they are the most wonderful people ever and I love them with all my heart. This Sunday, four families we taught that haven't been to church in years came to church!!! FOUR! And two of them bore their testimonies! I have never felt so much love for people in a single Sacrament Meeting than I had in that one. I know that Heavenly Father loves all His children so much, because I truly felt that love yesterday. Our ward here is so unified and so welcoming to everyone. I know it's not quite like our Mountainville Fourth Ward, but it is so wonderful. They all really make me feel like I belong here. I feel so blessed to be here in this ward, helping to strengthen it. It is so perfect. 

Our investigators are really progressing. We are currently teaching 10 people, which is wonderful! Some are progressing more quickly than others, but it has been great! We have a baptism scheduled this month, and I can't wait for it! Her name is Michelle, and she is so dang cute. She has two little daughters and we love them all so much. I'm so excited for her!

The highlight of my week was teaching a FHE in Birmingham with the Mission President. It was so wonderful. We taught the Gerstner Family, and turns out... The mom is Sam Morris' aunt! What? Hahaha why are there so many crazy connections EVERYWHERE? But they have six kids and they are so cute! We acted out the Tree of Life story and applied it to missionary work. We have this wonderful fruit that we need to share with everyone! And we really do. There are so many people who need the gospel in their lives, but don't know where to find it! We really do need to help them. If you're reading this and you have a friend who is less-active or a non-member SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH THEM. Members have such a huge role in missionary work. It has blessed my life so much, and I love that I have the chance to share it with people here. But you can do it at home too! It was such a great lesson though. It was so good that we might have gotten a call from the Assistants telling us that President said it might have been the best FHE he's seen on the mission! I owe that one 100% to the Lord. We don't know what we're doing here, but He is helping us out so much! It is amazing to see!

Well I'm sorry that this email was so long. You all probably are getting to the end thinking, when is this girl going to stop writing?! I'm sorry, I really am! There is just so much that I need to tell you guys! I learn SO much every single day. I'm truly being humbled by the Lord. He is leading every single thing I do. It is amazing to rely on Him and to be able to see all the miracles He gives me every day. As Bishop calls them, the tender mercies. I see them all the time. I am so grateful for you all. I love you all so much. I miss you all and I pray for you every night. You are what keeps me going. I'm doing my best to make you all proud of me. I love you so much. Be strong and trust in the Lord. He WILL help you with everything. 

Sister Card
xoxo

PS - It's getting way too hot here. WAY TOO HOT. And we ride bikes every day, and it's incredibly hot. When we get turned down at the door, we blame it entirely on our looks. I'd turn us down too. Haha just kidding. At least our Heavenly Father loves us no matter what (;


Christmas Village with Sister Komorowski herself!


Isn't my companheria so cute?


The dreaded bikes... Hahaha just kidding, we love them. And we love self-timer too. 


This one is for Eli! I got a ginger ale on his birthday, in honor of him! I miss him AND I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS 15!!!


Still the exact same, no worries (:
At the Alabama Birmingham Mission Home this past week (compliments of President Holzapfel's blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment