Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday already?



Hi everyone!

I don't know how interesting my letter is going to be this week, but it was a great week. I don't have too many funny stories or very spiritual stories today, but I'll try to make it worth your time to read! First of all, happy Father's Day to all you wonderful fathers out there. I want you all to know that I have the greatest dad in the world, and that I am so beyond blessed to have him. He really is the best person in the world and my best friend. I love you Dad! 

K, so we started this new thing... Thrifting. We went last P-day and we went again today, and it is so great! Well, so bad. I have no room for new things, but we keep finding all these super cute skirts for like $2! And you all know that I have a major shopping problem, so it is not good. Momma, I might be sending home some clothes! But they have the best thrift stores here, and the best part is that no one buys the long skirts, so guess who gets them all? The missionaries! We love it so much. All the Sisters go out together and go thrifting! It's so fun. (Don't judge my idea of fun now haha). We went today with one of the young women in our ward, and it was so much fun. Loved it.

Another thing that you will love to know (especially you, Mom) is how much of a clean freak I am now. Everything I own is always folded up, put away, and clean. I can't handle anything out, ever. There are so many people here with such chaotic houses, and I really just can't deal with it all! We went to a less-active's house this week and she had SIX dogs and SEVEN children, with friends over. Can you just imagine? It was insane. Even more insane than things are at the Card household, and that thought alone should blow your mind.

We've been focusing a lot on service this week as well. We are supposed to get 4 hours of service every single week, and this week, we did a LOT. This week, we set up a trampoline in 100 degree weather, washed huge piles of dishes that have been sitting there for weeks, cleaned an entire house, pulled weeds and grass, and visited the assisted living center. What a blast. It seriously was such a great week, and I know it was because of all the service that we did! Service is one of the best things that we can do, and I encourage you all to go out and help someone this week. It is the best.

Our investigators are doing SO well. I love them all so much. I never thought I would love the people here as much as I do. They are seriously incredible. Michelle is getting baptized in two weeks, and we are so excited about it! She has no support from her family about joining the church, but she has so much faith and knows that it is what she needs to do. She has been really sick the past few weeks, and has received no help, or even a phone call, from her family members. The ward members were the ones that were coming over and helping her out so much, and that support changed everything! She wants to raise her family in the church because of the love that the members have shown her. It is amazing. I love her so much and I am so excited for her to be getting baptized soon.

Another one of our investigators, Donna, has been doing great too! We watched the Restoration movie with her this week and felt the Spirit so strongly. She said, "This is the best feeling in the world. I never want it to leave. I know that video is true and that it really happened." I was definitely bawling listening to that. I love her so much and I am so grateful that she feels that way. We asked her to pray about the Book of Mormon and to think about baptism. We will see her on Wednesday! The work is moving so fast!

We have been so busy this week, but it has been phenomenal. I am so grateful to be here. I know that it is exactly where I need to be. The work truly is hastening. Corbin Petersen leaves tomorrow!!! I am so excited for him. He's going to be the greatest missionary!!! I can't wait to hear his stories. Also, who can't wait for next Sunday? That broadcast is going to be so great. It's all we've been hearing about. I can't wait to know what is going to happen!!! This work is moving SO fast and I am so beyond grateful to be a part of it.

I love you all, and I miss you all so much. You are all so amazing. I pray for you all the time. I am so grateful to have a such a great support system back home. I am so blessed. The church is true, and there is nothing I'd rather do than be here, teaching about my Savior and my Heavenly Father.

Sister Card
xoxo

P.S. This southern food is SO good, but SO bad for you. I refuse to gain weight, so we've been running like crazy every morning. This week, we ran three miles no problem. Hopefully it will last... But seriously, everything is fried and covered with grease, cheese, and barbeque sauce. Not good...

Thrifting like true champs today.



Terrible angle... But this is my best friend, Beth Baker. 
She is coming to Utah next October, when I get back, 
and is going to go to Conference with me and see Temple Square. 
I am so excited! She seriously is my favorite person on this earth. 
She's one of those people that I knew I was supposed to meet on my mission. 
She's incredible. I can't wait for you guys to meet her next year!


Aww ): our cute Elders on their last night here! 
We miss them so much! But it was so fun to be here with 
Elder Ingersoll for the last month. He is the best!



Um, there are so many bugs here. It is SO nasty. 
We found this cockroach in our room, and I wanted to die. So gross.


Dana's sombrero (: I have no idea what I'm going to do with it,
 but I sure look great, don't I? Hahahaha. 

And one more just for good measure (:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment