Monday, March 31, 2014

Craaazy hard week...



What a week... I don’t even know where to begin! I learned SO many things about trusting in the Lord: trusting in His time, trusting that He has a plan, trusting that He is in control. I have never felt so dependent on Him in my life, but it is the most incredible feeling to know that He is here with me, present in everything I am doing. I truly love Him so much and feel so grateful for His influence in my life.

So this week...

We had one of the most challenging weeks in the world. We were setting goals that were only possible with the help of the Lord. As we challenged ourselves, we were able to see that He really wanted our success and put SO many people in our path. We are teaching like crazy now, with nearly 50 lessons a week. I have never been so tired in my entire life. But it is so worth it. There is nothing better than this work and being a part of this.

And always after a challenging week come the blessings, right?

So guess what? WE FINALLY MARKED A DATE WITH CLECI. She finally decided that she was going to be baptized. It was one of the most spiritual, if not the most spiritual, lessons of my entire mission. We got everything ready for it, and the ward was SO excited (since she had been coming for the past 6 months!). We were so beyond thrilled for it all.

Sunday morning, the day of the baptism, rolls around, and she's not at church... We headed over there after Sacrament Meeting and she ended up telling us that she isn't going to get baptized, she doesn't want us to come back over, and she isn't ever going to come back to church. She got her answer, but isn't going to do anything with it...

My heart absolutely broke. All of this work, all of this certainty that this was the right time for Cleci, and it fell through. Sister Silva Santos and I were a mess yesterday...

But I learned so many things because of this experience. I know that the Lord has His own timing. He knows exactly what Cleci needs at this time. We have to submit to His will. Maybe it wasn't in our plans, but it was in His. He knows more than we do. So we have to just trust in Him and trust that things are going to work out perfectly. I know they will. There is no doubt in my mind about it.

I'm completely out of time today, but I love you all so much. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the blessings I am receiving every single day. I love this work. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I think it's nearly impossible to love them more, but I manage to love them a little more every single day. I love what I am doing, more than I could ever explain. I hope you all have a fabulous week. Don't forget about me! I know I have been gone for a year now, but I'm still here (; LOVE YOU ALL. Miss you like crazy. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Sister Card
xoxo

PS - far too excited for General Conference this weekend. The last one as a missionary... WHAT? And yes, Sister Jensen and I spent every single one together on the mission (:

My darling companion and I (: 
Yes, FINALLY WEARING LONG SLEEVES. 
Best thing ever. And yes, I am a giant here. 
How in the world can I be 5'5 and be so tall?!

This is our favorite thing in the world to study... O manual de Casamento Eterno... 
Five an a half months... (; hahahaha. JUST KIDDING. 
NO. But really. We do read this all the time, so the picture was necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment