Monday, March 24, 2014

PERU!



Hey everyone (:

K, I still can't get over the fact that Jackson is going to Peru! I am so so so so excited for him and for everything that is going to happen in these next two years. I think that South America is going to explode with two Cards serving here, even if it is only for a few months together. They aren't going to know what hit them (: Miracles are going to be going happening like crazy here. I love it! I really can't express how excited I am for my cute Jackson!!!  He is going to be such an incredible missionary (:

So Momma asked for some "boring details"... Haha. I will tell you all about where I am serving and what it's like.

Uruguaiana - It's a pretty big city, with tons of people. It is SO different from São Gabriel. We don't have cobblestone streets or anything here! There is a lot more movement here than there was there!

I live in a big apartment complex on the fourth floor. It is the worst thing in the entire world at 9:00, trudging up those stairs, after a long day. Sister Silva Santos and I are always in tears as we get up there. Hahaha. But yeah, with all those stairs, I'm looking real good (; So it's worth it, I guess! Hahahaha just kidding. No, but really..... (;

We live right next to BIG (the Walmart of Brazil) and right next to the Internet Cafe. So it makes things super easy on P-day. Running errands is super fast, which is such a blessing on P-day! Leaves us with plenty of time to write letters and sleep (:

I don't eat rice and beans every day anymore... It's actually super sad and I really do miss it... We eat all sorts of things here. Rice, pasta, lasagna, salad, lentila, and churrasco. SO much food every single day! But I have totally started my "diet" now and it is the worst thing ever. "Six months to sexy" (the missionary diet when you have six months left) has started... In six months from yesterday I will be home. Yeah, I am dying about it too... So crazy fast.

There are a ton of members here! A ton! There are 5 chapels here and they are currently building another one. So fabulous (: The church is growing SO quickly here. It's incredible to see and to be a part of!

That's about it though with the boring details! Let me know if there is anything else that you want to hear about (:

The work is going along so well. I am amazed every single day in the ways that the Lord is answering our prayers. He really is so involved with the work and with everything that is taking place. I really feel like we are in a trio with Heavenly Father. He is helping us with EVERYTHING. I don't think I can even express how much I love that feeling - knowing that the Lord is truly so involved in our work and in our lives. I realized, this week, how much faith I really have in Him and how much I trust that things are going to work out. A few months ago, I never felt too sure about the future, in my own life or in the lives of our investigators, but now, I can honestly say that I know that things are going to turn out exactly the way they need to, as long as we are trusting in Him (:

I love what I am doing. I love it more and more every day. I feel like the days are going by far too quickly, but I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here and to be a part of this work. Even though this time is going by CRAZY fast, I am taking advantage of every minute of it. I love what I am doing. I really, honestly, do. I am excited to keep working for another six months here and to keep bringing others to Christ. I am so blessed.

I love you all so much! I miss you all like CRAZY. Seeing all those pictures of you all at Jackson's mission call opening brought back SO many memories. Can you believe it has been a year and a half since I opened mine? Insane! But I love you all!!! STAY STRONG. This church is true. There is nothing better <3

Sister Card
xoxo

"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." <3
-D&C 50:24

No pictures this week... I am lame, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment