Monday, March 10, 2014

I love everything about Uruguaiana!



Hey everyone (:

I am in love with everything that is going on here. EVERYTHING. Things are so beyond perfect here. I literally got here and I felt like I had been here for months. I can't believe that it has only been 6 days since I got here. It absolutely blows my mind. I feel like I just came home after a long trip (: I am LOVING these members, our investigators, my companion, everything. Really, everything. Haha.

I'm serving in a ward called Vila Julia. It is fantastic here! The members are SO solid and have such a desire to help with the work. We are already seeing miracle after miracle with our investigators because of the desire these members have to help us. It's one of the greatest things in the world to be a part of! I am loving it!

My companion is Sister Silva Santos. She's from Salvador and she is the best in the entire world. If you want to know how she is, just think Jasmine Watkins. FOR REAL. They are identical. I honestly can't believe how similar they are. Sometimes it kind of freaks me out how similar they are. But needless to say, we are best friends already! We have been together for 6 days and I already have told her pretty much my entire life. She is so fabulous and we are getting along SO well. I love her so much.

One thing that is blowing my mind here is when I introduce myself and tell where I am from, no one believes that I am American. They only believe me because of my last name. SUCCESS. I truly am becoming Brazilian (: I will come home and I won't be American anymore. Just so you all know (;

I am loving everything about my life. I love my mission. I love it far more than I can explain. Why do I end every email like this? I end every nightly prayer like this as well. It's just unexplainable how much I love this work and where I am at. It breaks my heart that it has to one day come to a close. There is nothing more devastating than when the members ask how much time I have on the mission and they all say, "Oh, you're almost done, then." What? No! I still have six months here! I still have a real long time! I love what I am doing. There is nothing to explain these feelings I have about missionary work. It is the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. And I can't wait for my Jackson to get out here. THIS WEEK? AH. I am going to be freaking out all week long. 

Anyways, I love you all! I know this email isn't super long, but I love you and miss you like crazy!!! I hope that things are going so well! You are always in my prayers!

Sister Card
xoxo

PS - The fact that Seth and Jeanine Nielsen are getting sealed tomorrow just made every hardship on my mission worth it! I LOVE THEM AND AM SO EXCITED FOR THEM. 


Eva, Quilino and Eliveltom!


Gabriella, our investigator with her cute daughter Maria!


Lucio! This man is honestly one of my best friends... I ADORE him.


Maria Angela and her cute girls!


Maria! What a doll.


Presidente Felipe and his cute family!


Sandra and Gabriella!

Back again with Sister Jensen


My new companion! I love her so much! Sister Silva Santos!

Lucileny!

One more Noite Familiar with the Elders!


This kid cracks me up. We did this sign to signify 
"White Power" hahahaha. He is so dang funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment