Monday, January 20, 2014

Never Coming Home - Already Decided.



Hey everyone!

How are things going? I had another fabulous week, of course! I feel so beyond grateful that I am here. I had such a great week, and then I got here to email, reading about everything that is going on at home (marriages and that's about it!) and I decided that I never want to come home. Mission life is far too good to me, and real life just seems so boring, so I decided that I'll just stay here in Brazil forever. It will be wonderful. 

So first of all, let me just talk about how dang cute our baptism was this week. Juraci. She is 83 years old and has wanted to be baptized for almost a year now, but never had the chance. We worked a lot with the Branch President so that she could get baptized, and it finally happened this weekend. Talk about the cutest thing ever. Her son-in-law, Manuel, who has been a member for almost a year, was able to baptize her (which is HUGE for him and for us as missionaries), with the help of Presidente Felipe (the Branch President). My favorite thing that ever happened was when Juraci got out of the font and said, with a huge smile on her face, "FINALLY, I am baptized in God's name!" Ahhhh. Cutest thing ever. We were dying. I love her so much.

But then, get this, later that night, she fell and broke 2 ribs. Can you believe it? So we didn't end up confirming her a member of the church yet, but we will the next Sunday! We visited her yesterday, and she was already out of the hospital, laughing and talking and everything. What a champ that woman is. I honestly love her so much, you guys.

Things are going so well here. We have a few new people that we are teaching that are ELECT. We have a lot of plans for more baptisms this coming month. The work is really starting to get going here. We are being led 100% by the Spirit, and we are seeing miracle after miracle. I am so excited that I get to stay here in São Gabriel for another transfer to finish training my cute companion Sister A. Silva. She is honestly so great, and I know that she will be a leader in the mission. She is fabulous.

I am learning so much every single day. However, what I have been focusing on this past week is relying 100% on the Spirit. I don't know what these people need. I don't know how I can help them. But the Lord knows them. He knows exactly what they need, and exactly how we can help them get there. The more I am realizing my own capacities and relying on His strength, the stronger I am feeling. I know that with His help, I will be able to do all things. Things are going so well here. As long as I continue following the Spirit and letting Him lead us each day, we will have success. There is no doubt in my mind about it.

I love you all. I love this work. I am so grateful to be a missionary, to have this immense joy in my life. I hope you have a fabulous week. This church is true. There is no doubt in my mind about it. I have never been so sure about something in my life. I love you all so much.

Sister Card
xoxo

PS - Pictures... Can't send them AGAIN this week. I am sorry! I have a ton of them, so you will be getting like a billion one of these weeks. I will do my best! Gotta love the limited technology here in Brazil (; 

No comments:

Post a Comment