Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Yearrr (:

Hey everyone!

I have no idea where the weeks are going! I swear that every day is going by faster and faster! Time is flying! This week was my 9 month mark. Yeah, halfway. It happened. Talk about the saddest day of my entire mission. I think I cried in every lesson we had that day and cried myself to sleep that night. Hahaha. Such a baby, but I honestly love my mission so much, and it breaks my heart to think that this is already halfway over. It's given me even more motivation to work hard and do everything I can while I am here. The other Sisters that we live with threw me a "baby shower" that day, where we sat up all night (until 10:30 hahaha) and ate chocolate, drank Tereré (the greatest thing in the entire world!), talked about my greatest moments on the mission, and cried all together. It was one of the best nights I have ever had on my mission. How lucky am I to be here, with such amazing Sisters and such amazing people? I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about it. I truly love what I am doing more than I could ever explain.

What a great week we had this week! There are so many good things that are happening in this area. It has taken us a really long time to get things going here, but I feel like things are finally starting to happen. The members are getting more and more excited about the world, and we are finding more and more people to teach. Even though things have been slow in the past, we haven't lost any faith. We are working harder and smarter every day. I'm figuring out how to work effectively here; to not just teach and baptize, but to teach, baptize and RETAIN. I don't think I have ever studied or prayed or fasted so much in my entire life. I find myself waking up earlier, just to study more to figure out how to better help these people. There aren't enough hours in the day! But we are seeing miracles and I owe it all to the Lord. He is helping us SO much.

A few highlights of my week that you will enjoy:
1. We are working with Lucileny and her family. Her mom, Eva, is a less-active member and is absolutely the cutest thing ever. This week, we had THE most amazing FHE with them about the Restoration. The Spirit was SO strong there. We finished the night with games and a pancake party. They made us Pancakes Salgadas (with meat and salsa) and I made Pancakes Doces (normal American pancakes). They thought it was the weirdest thing in the world that we eat sweet pancakes haha. But they loved it anyways.

2. I realized that I truly am my mother's daughter. I was told by some of my leaders this week to just "wait and let them figure it out" when we encountered a problem. Haha. I was EXACTLY Diane Card right there. I got super upset and frustrated and thought, "HA! I'll show them." So naturally, I got a plan ready, studied like crazy, and presented some things that needed to change here. And guess what? It is working! We have some amazing things that are going to be changing here to have more unity in the branch and retain our converts. I just thought it was super funny that I was exactly like my mother in that moment. Thanks momma! Your influence is reaching all the way here to Brazil (;

3. I fed a lamb this week. SOLID. Why do I love my mission so much?

4. I started a diet for the first time in my entire life. Not really a diet hahaha. I still eat a lot. I don't know how to diet. But I am skinny again, so that's solid (: Whatever I am doing is working, right?

5. My cute companion Kaylee Jensen got her Visa and is coming to Brazil this month! BEST NEWS EVER.

6. We had triple the number of member present lessons than other lessons taught this week. For all you RMs,  you know that's like the greatest thing in the entire world. SUCH a blessing.

7. I realized that I am doing EXACTLY what I need to do here. I am working harder and better than I ever have before in my life. There are so many things that I need to improve, but for the first time in a long time, I feel like I am doing exactly what I need to do to help this area.

What an incredible week. I have learned so many things and I am beyond grateful for all of it. It blows my mind that I only have a little less than nine months to keep doing this. Keep praying for me. Keep praying for this area. It sure needs it. But I love all that is happening here. I am grateful for my companion, for my investigators, for the members, for the gospel, for my Savior and for my Heavenly Father. I am happier than I have ever been in my entire life and I owe it 100% to this church and my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

I love you all so much. I hope you have a fabulous week this week. Do beautiful things for me (: And please, everyone, STOP GETTING ENGAGED. I find out about new engagements every single week. Not kidding. It's insane. Slow it down a little, people. For real. Ha.

Loves.

Sister Card
xoxo



AH. It happened. 9 months!

Companheira (:

Cutest baby ever! And yay, finally skinny again (:

Cuties (:

Feeding a lamb. I LOVE my mission.

Hahahaha this picture for Ashley Bryant. But imagine Dr. Pepper. 
It WILL happen like this when I am pregnant for real. BE READY ASH.

The nine month tradition (: hahaha.

Sisters threw me a baby shower. CUTEST EVER.

Pancake party (: 

Pancakes Doces (normal American pancakes) andSalgadas (Brazilian pancakes with meat and salsa) 

Uh ohhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment