Monday, January 27, 2014

I just love my life a little too much, I think.



Oiiiii (:

Well, another fabulous week. Of course! I am sorry my emails are always the exact same at the beginning, but I just love my life here, WAY too much. I had this big talk with Sister A. Silva this week about how much I love my mission and how beyond grateful I am to be here right now. It made me even more grateful to be here. There is nothing in the world better than missionary work. There really isn't.

Anyway, what a great week. Want to hear something fabulous? I think I finally figured out how to be a good missionary this week. Things just seemed to click. And it was all due to the Spirit. The Spirit completely led us this week and helped so many of our investigators and less-active members. I think, FINALLY, after nearly ten months in the mission field, I am starting to figure out how the Spirit works in our lessons. I am relying whole-heartedly on my Heavenly Father and we are seeing miracle after miracle.

Our lessons this week were all super powerful. I don't feel like we were able to teach too much, but the lessons we had were all incredible. I think I cried in almost every single lesson. For real. We saw so much growth in the people we are teaching - realizing the importance of the Word of Wisdom, reading the Book of Mormon every single day, bearing testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel, inviting friends to listen to us and working a little harder every day to be a little better. I have never felt so much joy than I did this week. I love being a part of this work and having this opportunity to help others feel this same joy that I have.

I want you all to know how much I truly love this gospel. Even though it has only really been a part of my life for the past three years, there is nothing in the world that brings me more joy. I worked extremely hard to get to where I am today, and I am still working every day to become better. I owe everything that I am today to my Father in Heaven. Without Him, I would be completely lost. I am eternally grateful for this change that has taken place in my life; for the person I am becoming. There is still so much I need to do and that I need to learn, but I know that with His help, I can do all things. I can become who He needs me to be. I love this church more than I can ever explain. I know, without a doubt, that these things are true. My life has been changed because of the Book of Mormon, because of the love I have felt from my Savior. I can't imagine a better way to spend a year and a half than to share this knowledge with these people here. 

I am so grateful for my mission; for the change I am making in my life, as well as the changes it is making in the lives of my family and friends. There is truly nothing greater than this work.

I love you all so much. I am continually praying for all of you. Fiquem fortes (: O Senhor tem um plano pra vocês. Eu sei que Ele tem uma grande presença em nossas vidas. Ele ama vocês mais que vocês possam compreender.  

This church is true.

Sister Card
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment