Monday, September 2, 2013

Five months?! Heart attack.



Hi everyone!

How are y'all doing?

K, let me just start off with the fact that I'm having a heart attack every single day. I have already been out on my mission for five months! There is no way. This is going by way too fast. Sister Jensen and I were driving home from appointments last night, literally in tears, because we never want to stop being missionaries. This time is going by so quickly. There is SO much to be done, and 13 more months is not nearly enough time to do it all. It's giving me a lot more motivation to truly work every minute possible. I've never been so exhausted as I have been this week. We are working our tails off, and it's been amazing to see the results!

Oh, and I probably should also tell you, we had transfers this week. (Yeah, fourth transfer already...) I'm staying in Prattville with Sister Jensen!!! Yay! We find it rather funny that we have been out for five months, and we've only had one companion and one area. But I'm not complaining. I love her and I love it here!!! The Lord is really blessing me, and it seems like He really needs us here in Prattville. I'll get to Brazil when I need to get there. Don't worry about my visa! I'm needed here, obviously (:

This week was huge for me. Absolutely huge. I have never realized how much potential I have until this week. I feel like I've always wanted big things for myself, but I never knew how I could get there, or how I could become this person I want to be. This week, I figured out a lot. I have been selling myself short for the majority of my life. I hadn't been doing the things I needed to be doing, because I just didn't feel like it amounted to anything. Wow, this just got immediately depressing. But hey, it shows I'm humbling myself a little, right? (: Haha. Anyway. This week, I decided I was going to push myself. It doesn't matter the type of person I was in the past. I'm someone new. Every day, every hour, every minute, every second is a time to start over. So who cares if I mess up? Everyone messes up. I wasn't going to let it bother me. I decided that I was going to only get better from here. So I did it. I have never worked so hard in my life. Sister Jensen and I made these goals, these insane goals, of talking to people and teaching lessons. We're talking to at least 10 new people every day about the gospel and teaching a ton of lessons each day. Our teaching pool is insane. We seriously have no more time in the day. No more time. We are working harder than we ever have and being more and more obedient, and we are seeing miracles. I'm so excited for what lies in store for us.

I have real big news. KIM CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY. I cried. Like the entire time we were at church. It was the best thing ever. We went over to go wake her up at 7:45. We literally had to get her up and get her ready for church, but we did it! Hahaha. And, she LOVED it. She just feels like this church is where she needs to be. The people, the environment, everything! Her brother was in town yesterday, so she couldn't stay past Sacrament Meeting, but she said she will be there next week. Her kids were total angels. They were SO good. Everything was just perfect. We had an amazing testimony meeting, and every time I looked over at Kim, she was crying. The Spirit was so strong! We may be having a baptism soon!!! YAY! We are so excited for her. Prayer is real. We have never prayed so hard for an investigator, and Heavenly Father is making it happen. Isn't He amazing?

This week was amazing. I think the biggest thing I realized is how happy I am. I have never been so happy in my life. Every single night this week, I went to bed with a smile on my face. And, even more incredibly, I woke up with a smile on my face (which is huge, considering I am not a morning person in the slightest). I truly look forward to every single day here. There is a lot of work to be done, and days are exhausting, but Heavenly Father is helping me out so much. I love this gospel. Yesterday, I bore my testimony about why I love this gospel so much, and it's pretty simple. HAPPINESS. That's the best thing this gospel brings us. Comparing my life before and my life now is like night and day. This is what I love, and this is why I'm happy. I love this work. I love this church. I will be a missionary for the rest of my life, regardless of if I have a nametag or not. I love being a missionary. 

I love you all. I hope you have an amazing week. I am so grateful for you all. Your prayers, your letters, your thoughts, everything. I love you all so much and I think about you all the time. Thank you for being so wonderful. I feel so blessed to have you all in my life. I love you!

Sister Card
xoxo


Don't worry. Still eating healthy (:


Sister Coleman and I. Isn't she darling? I love her! 
And yes, I did cut my hair...


Sister Coleman, her dog Bella, and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment