Monday, August 26, 2013

Where did the week go?



Hey everyone!

I feel like I was just barely writing you, and I can't believe it has been another week. This week flew by! Every day seems to be getting faster and faster.

I have some "sort-of" news on my visa. I found out that they send out missionaries at the beginning of transfers in Brazil. So even if their visas come, they will hold them at the mission office here until a few days before the new transfer starts in Brazil. Transfers in Brazil are in about two weeks... So we will see maybe next week! I'm not planning on it, but I'm just throwing that out there.

This week was insanely busy. We had so many people to go visit. Our days were completely filled out. We didn't even have 10 minutes of spare time. And on top of that, Sister Jensen and I got sick ): I have never had a cold as bad as I do right now. (Yes, it's 110 degrees, but we still managed to get a cold). We've been sick all week, but we are both extremely stubborn (which makes for a great time when we get into arguments) and did not want to quit. But on Wednesday, we were pretty much on our death beds. We were delirious and exhausted and so beyond ill. So, after some major praying, we figured we needed to get some sleep. Let me tell you, taking a nap on the mission is the worst thing to ever do. I hated it more than anything! There are SO many people to see and there is SO much to do, but we didn't want to make things worse than they already were. So we slept. It was only for a couple of hours, but it helped so much! Then, Heavenly Father helped us out so much, and actually made it possible to see everyone that we had planned on seeing anyway. Isn't that such a miracle? It was such a blessing. I think that Heavenly Father needed me to figure out that I need to get over my pride and do what He needs me to do. Definitely something I need to work on.

Also, if y'all were wondering, Kim's baptism did fall through on the 17th. It's been so hard for her to come to church. She needs to come twice before she can get baptized. Even though she really does want to get baptized, and she knows the church is true, she can't seem to commit to coming to church. It's really been hard. Yesterday, we were over at her house at 7:45, knocking on the door for literally 30 minutes, trying to get her up for church. Yeah, it didn't work. I wish we could just drag people to church. (Maybe I shouldn't say that.) But really. It'll happen one day. We just need to keep working with her. And if not now, it'll happen later. In that, I'm positive.

We had Zone Conference this week. President Hanks is amazing. I learn so much from that man every single day. I know that if anything, I was sent here to learn and grow from him. My mission has a whole new sense of meaning and purpose because of this week. I had a moment this week when I realized how short my time truly is here. I can't believe that my mission is almost 1/3 of the way over. I don't know how that happened. At Zone Conference though, we talked about how many people there are that don't have the gospel, and how truly overwhelming it is. We need to talk to EVERYONE we see about the church. It doesn't matter who they are, or what they look like, they need the gospel. Sister Jensen and I talk to a lot of people every day, but we decided to literally talk to everyone we see! It has been amazing to see the results. There hasn't been one person that isn't interested in what we have to say. Everyone that we talked to the past few days has wanted to learn more. Every single one. Isn't that amazing? There is so much work to be done here, and I can't believe that my time in Alabama could be ending soon. I've been in this beautiful state for almost 4 months now, and it feels like I just got here. It's overwhelming to think that there are so many people who need the gospel, not only here, but also in Brazil. It's crazy how fast this time goes and how much work there still is to do.

Things are going great. I can't believe that another week has already gone by. I am amazed at the progress of some of the people that we have been working with. Jeanine Nielsen just got called to be the Mia Maid advisor on Sunday. I cried. I am so proud of her! Ilah Glover is getting her patriarchal blessing on September 15 and preparing to go to the temple. Rebecca and Alisha are centering their lives around the gospel. People are making amazing progress. The gospel is truly becoming a part of their lives. It is directing everything they do. I am so grateful I have been able to be a part of their reactivations and their conversions. It's been the biggest blessing in my life. We are meeting so many people each and every day. I love serving these people here. I love them more than I can ever explain. They have changed my life, my perspective and my motivations. I'm working so hard because I truly love these people and desire what is best for them. I love them so so much.

I have a few things to say regarding the Mountainville 4th Ward. 1) I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. 2) I started to cry when I got the ward program and saw 35 missionary names on there this week. We have 35 MISSIONARIES WITH CALLS OR CURRENTLY SERVING. It is the most amazing thing ever. I feel so blessed to be a part of such a huge group of missionaries, serving people all over the world. I am so beyond grateful to have grown up with such a strong group of young men and women who are changing the world every single day. Wow. I just love you guys so much. The Band of Brothers and Sisters is so amazing. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Thank you for all the love and the support. You guys are amazing. I love my friends and my family. You really are the best support group I could ever ask for. Thank you for the countless letters and the packages and the prayers and everything. You are amazing. Thank you thank you thank you.

I love this church. I love being a missionary. (Yes, I did promise I'd say it every week). I am so grateful for this gospel and everything that it entails. It's the greatest blessing in my life. I can't imagine my life without it. I love my companion. I love my mission. I love my Savior. There's just a lotta love. Love you all. Have a great week. Sorry for such a scattered email. It's my medication for the cold... It's doing wonders for my cold, not so much for my mental health. Love y'all.

Sister Card
xoxo


Cracker Barrel. What a joy hahaha.


The Senior missionaries took us out to 
Cracker Barrel for dinner one night! 
Love them all so much!


Elder Redd, Jeanine Nielsen, Elder Taveuveu, and Ilah Glover. 
Love them all!


I have no idea why, but Elder and Sister Hatch 
wanted to buy us these little stuffed animals. 
So we all picked one out. Hahaha. 
We were dying. So funny. 
So yes, I have this little "thing" on my desk. 
We love our Senior Missionaries!


We had Mexican food at the Nielsen's last night and 
the Elders walked in with matching sombreros. 
Hahaha gotta love them.


Sister Stahle's birthday. 
This was the day that Sister Jensen and I 
were absolutely dead, so don't judge us. 
Rough day. But LOVE these ladies.


This is the worst, creepiest picture of all time. 
Hahahaha. Sister Bush and I 
are so embarrassing. 
Whoever I marry is going to be one lucky man.

No comments:

Post a Comment