Monday, August 12, 2013

Best week of the mission. Really though.



Okay, let me just say that this week was the greatest thing in the world. I have never felt so much happiness in my life before this week. I am SO happy with everything that is happening here. I'm happy with myself, and I'm happy with the work that is going on. I'm happy with our investigators, our less-active members, and our members. I'm just happy. And it's a feeling that I always want to have. Lucky for me, I'm on a mission, so I totally get to. I'm so beyond blessed to be here.

Our baptisms were INCREDIBLE. I'm pretty sure I was bawling the majority of the time. I am SO proud of R and A and their decisions to take this step. They are incredible. 

So A's baptism was first, at 10:30. We got to the church at 9, and I was freaking out because I thought we had no time to do anything. Sister Jensen just kept saying, "It's all going to work out." And after a little bit, I realized that I need to just CALM DOWN, and take a chill pill, and just enjoy this day. This was supposed to be an amazing day, and I was ruining it with my stress levels. So I calmed down and got to work. We went to the library to photocopy the programs. Turns out, it could print only in black and white. So we went to go ask the Elders what we should do, and how we could print them in color, and when we left, we locked the key inside. OH JOY. Stress levels shot up again, but I said a prayer, and Heavenly Father helped me calm down. I'm such a worrier haha. The programs ended up being in black and white, but it's all good. (I know you all probably think I'm so dumb for freaking out black and white programs, but hey, I wanted it to be perfect!) We got everything all set up, and it was SO perfect, besides the black and white programs. Haha. I played the piano, and these two little girls from the ward came over and sat with me and just listened to me play. It was probably the cutest thing ever. We got a few pictures before everything started. The Primary room was FULL. It was amazing to see how much support we had from the ward. Then Sister Jensen gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I was just crying in the back because I was so proud of A. Then we went in, and Elder Del Francia (the Elder who just left to become the new Assistant) baptized A. It was so special, and I cried again. Then we all went back in, and I got to play the piano a little longer. When A came in, the Bishop and Sister M (the Relief Society President) talked for a minute and bore their testimonies. The Spirit was so strong. And yes, more tears. I'm such a baby. It seriously was perfect though. I loved it.

Then, R's baptism was at 3. It was A LOT less stressful. President and Sister Hanks came to this one, which was so special! We met R's mom and dad. Again, we had so much support from the ward and the Primary room was full. I played the piano again. Sister Jensen and I both gave talks. I spoke on Repentance, and Sister Jensen spoke on the Holy Ghost again. I didn't cry when I spoke. Be proud of me. Then we went in, and Bishop baptized R. Her mom was bawling, because she said she "knew that this is exactly what R needs to do. It just felt right." R was bawling. We were bawling. We ran back into the bathroom and gave her a huge hug, even though she was soaking wet. I AM SO PROUD OF HER. She has done so much to change her life around and to get to this point that she is at. I love her so much. Then we all came back in, and Bishop and Sister M bore their testimonies again. The Spirit was so strong. I can't think of a better day. I really can't. It was absolutely amazing. 

Everything else is going well. We were really focused on the baptisms this week, but we were still able to teach a ton. Sometimes I really don't know why Heavenly Father is blessing us so much, but I am so grateful for it. Bishop Draper told us that the reason we are seeing so much success is because Heavenly Father trusts us. He is giving us these people to teach because He knows we can help them. I never thought about it that way, but if it's true, then I am so proud of us. I hope we are blessing some people's lives. At least a little bit. My life is being blessed. Every day. Last night, I just knelt down and bawled to my Heavenly Father about how blessed I am and how grateful I am to be here. This is the greatest thing I have ever done. I hope you all know that. I think after four and a half months of me saying how wonderful this is, you're starting to get the point. But really. Missions are the best thing ever. I am so beyond grateful to be here.

Last night, I really reflected on a lot of things. I thought a lot about this person I used to be, and this person I am now, and this person I am becoming. I am getting there. I'm getting to the point of becoming this person I truly want to be. There is no better feeling. I'm trusting in the Lord so much more, I have so much more love for others, and I am happy with myself. I love seeing that. I love seeing this change in myself, and it's only been four and a half months. I can't wait to see where I'll be in a little over a year. 

My new motivation: 2 Nephi 4:34 - "O Senhor, confiei em ti e em ti confiarei sempre." (You can Google Translate that one). It's a good thing I have Portuguese scriptures that I can read every day, otherwise, my Portuguese would be AWFUL. When I get to Brazil, it's gonna be rough. Ha. But "em ti confiarei sempre!" Meu Senhor pode ajudar-me com as coisas que eu preciso!

I'm so blessed. I am so lucky to be here. I love my mission. I really do. I love every day of it. Thank you for the letters and the support and the love that I get every day. You guys are amazing. I love you all. I miss you all like crazy. I pray for you all. The Lord loves you. He is proud of you. Work hard and have an amazing week this week. I love you.

Sister Card
xoxo

PS - I am sorry for the lengthy emails. I'm sure you're all so bored of aaaaall my writing. Love you though. Thank you for reading it. 

A's Baptism



Cutest picture ever. Elder Del Francia and A. 
Are they not the cutest things you have ever seen? 
I love them both so much. (Am I allowed to say that? Ha)


LG! She just got baptized in April and 
is getting ready to go on a mission. She is the BEST.


My cute Sister Jensen and I (:


Nosso bispo! He is the best.


Other cutest picture ever. Bishop and R! 
I love THEM both so much too!!!


Our new Elders! Elder Redd and Elder Smith. Both are from Utah. 
Turns out, Elder Redd's dad, Brother Redd, 
was my Seminary teacher at Lone Peak... Craaazy small world huh? 
They're fun boys though. We like them.


R and her best friend, A, who we are starting to teach. 
Aren't they they cutest ever?


 

R's baptism! She is so dang cute. I love her so much.


Sister Hanks is the cutest Mission President's wife everrrrr. 
I love her so much! Isn't she gorgeous?


Sister Hanks, me, R, Sister Jensen and President Hanks!
 (Yes, he is 6'6.)


Chick Fil A at the church hahaha. Lovely.


Sister Jensen snapped this beauty. Yes, I really went out like this. 
That hair. What a beaut, right?



We heart-attack people almost every day. 
So we had to get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment