Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Monday (:



Hi everyone (:

Such a good week. I think every week is such a good week though. We learned a lot this week. I learned SO much. First of all, I just want to say how much I love Sister Jensen and how grateful I am for her. We are such a good team, you guys. I guess that's what happens when you're with someone 24/7 for five months. I don't know how we still stand each other anymore, but it's like we get along better than ever now. She's amazing. I am so blessed to have her as a companion.

One of the biggest things that we learned this week is how we need to be the best that we can be. Too often, we see people doing the bare minimum that they can do. Why would you do that? Why would you sell yourself short? We have the potential to be so great. We just have to put our minds to it and work hard. There are a lot of rules as a missionary, but we've been really trying to be exactly obedient. We said that we don't want to be those missionaries who aren't "technically" breaking the rules. We want to be doing all we can to be obedient to the mission rules. No justifying. Either it's right or it's wrong. We have really been pushing each other so we can do everything that we need to do. We saw so many miracles because of that this week.

First things first. We got a new Elder in Prattville. You won't believe who it is. ELDER TYLER BENTLEY. FROM ALPINE, UTAH. Yeah. Tyler and I have been friends for YEARS and now we are serving together. It's his last transfer, so we were beyond pumped that we get to serve together at least once! He's seriously such a great missionary, and there are going to be some big things happening here the next few weeks. But really. Isn't that cool? First I got to serve with Aaron Ingersoll, now Tyler. So cool. It's like a Lone Peak reunion down here in Alabama.

Our investigator, Glenda, came to church yesterday!!! This is huge. So huge. We met Glenda the first week we got here, and she's been saying that she's going to come to church for four months now, she just didn't want to make a commitment she couldn't keep. We got a little frustrated with that, not going to lie. But, she went out of town for the past month, and as soon as she got back, she decided she wanted to come to church!!! It was SO great. The Spirit was very strong, and it was like all the talks were meant for her and her situation. I love her so much.

Why is everyone so concerned about what we're eating??? I think the two questions that people ask us are: "How is the work going?" "Are you getting enough to eat?" YES. We are eating plenty haha. The members are feeding us about every other night, which is good, I think. I don't know. We don't eat out. We do sometimes, but I'm not a huge fan of the fast food diet, which is pretty much all you can afford on a missionary budget. We cook a lot though. Yesterday, we made a big Sunday meal. We had roast, potatoes, carrots, broccoli and corn. And let me tell you. It was so good. We halved it with the Elders and they almost started to cry, they were so excited. That's the good thing about Sister Missionaries. At least we can help out with what the Elders are eating haha.

This email is all over the place. I have no idea what to even write to you guys anymore. I feel like sometimes I'm just repeating myself over and over again. I could never explain to you all the things I am learning here. I am growing so much. I am becoming this person I want to become. I'm helping people. I'm loving people. I'm working the hardest I have ever worked. My testimony is growing more and more solid with every day I spend here. I love my mission. I love my companion. I don't know where I would be without these past five months, and I can't imagine where I will be in the next thirteen. Life is a blur. It's a miracle though, isn't it? We have been given so many beautiful things. Our families, our homes, our education, our gospel. I feel so blessed.

Thank you for your love and your prayers. I'm sorry my emails are so long and so boring. I just ramble. That's what Rebecca always says about her prayers, and that's how I feel about my emails. She's so cute. She went into this book store this week and looked at the religion books. There were only two there on Mormons, and they were both pretty anti-Mormon. So she whipped out this huge stack of pass-along cards and stuck them in all the bibles there. Hahaha. Talk about the best recent convert ever. She's amazing.  

Okay enough of my rambling now. I really am done. Haha. I love y'all. I hope you're doing great. Write me letters. I'm SO excited for Adelheid to get to work in Nashville this week!!! Our ward is on fire with these missionaries, aren't they? Love you guys. You're all so amazing. LOVE YOU.

Sister Card
xoxo


Cutest puppies everrrrrrr


DOWNPOUR. This doesn't even do it justice.


Sister Jensen, me, Sister Coleman, Elder Taveuveu (who just left) and Elder Redd


Look at them

hahaha


Sister Jensen in a Hello Kitty snuggie. What a babe, right?


Sister Stahle left us ): So we had to get ice cream hahaha. Love her.


This entire thing is full of perfume. A lady in the ward. 
We were DYING. HOW DOES ONE ACQUIRE SO MUCH PERFUME? 
I love her hahaha




Ice cream for Sister Jensen's half birthday,
 since we won't be celebrating her real one together! 
Love her so much. Ignore the no make-up and undone hair. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment