Monday, August 18, 2014

I LOVE Parque Pinheiro



Hey everyone (:

What a week. It was perfect. 100%. I don't think I will be able to begin to describe how incredible things are here. They are going so so so so so well. I can honestly say that this transfer has started out being the easiest transfer of my entire mission.

So "minha filha" is such a doll. Her name is Sister Tenorio and she is from Houston, Texas. Americans NEVER train Americans. I've only heard of it happening once here in Santa Maria! But things are going so well with her. I truly love her a lot already and I am so grateful to be serving with her. She already speaks Portuguese so well and understands everything! So the language barrier is out of the way for her. Now it's just getting the "missionary" part down. She's getting it (: I tried my very best not to let her know that this was my last transfer, but thanks to the Elders serving here with us, it didn't last too long. But we don't dwell on that fact. We just work and work and work and focus on what's going on here (:

The area is incredible. We have so much support from the members and we are seeing so many miracles. We have three baptisms set up already (which I can't believe, since we opened the area on TUESDAY) and we are meeting the Lord's elect. I feel so grateful for the miracles that are taking place. I am able to see a little more how much the Lord loves His children and how He is truly preparing people to hear the gospel. I've decided that here in Parque Pinheiro, we are just harvesting all those seeds that were planted in the past. It's amazing. For real. We are just collecting it all (: So things are perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I spent my week in tears, again. I'm so grateful. I just can't tell you all how grateful I am that I am serving as a missionary. I am finally feeling as if I am the missionary that the Lord wanted to me to be. I just understand. I want you all to know how beyond grateful I am for the decision that I made to serve a mission. It hasn't been easy. Despite the fact that I always wrote about how happy I am serving a mision, doesn't mean that it was a walk in the park. It's been difficult, but it has been worth every step. 

Please pray for my family, especially for my grandfather who had some medical complications this week. I love you so much Grandpa, and I hope you know how incredible of an example you are to me. That man has truly taught me the meaning of diligence and dedication. Pray for my cute Elder Card, who is my hero right now. I am grateful for you Jackson and for the lives that you are changing. You are doing exactly as the Lord would have you do.

I hope that you all have such a fabulous week. I pray for you always and I think of you often. I am excited to see you all again soon (in like six more months, right? (: ). Stay strong. This church is true. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

Sister Card
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment