Monday, June 30, 2014

In tears. The entire week.



Hey everyone!

What a week. Perfection, perfection, perfection. I've never felt so grateful or so happy in my life. Just so you all know.

First of all. We had transfer calls this week. I'm STAYING in Uruguaiana, which is the biggest miracle in the world! I can't believe I am staying another transfer here. It'll make it 6 months here. SUCH a blessing. And guess who my new companion is going to be? SISTER PONCE! AGAIN! I am so excited for it! We are going to be serving in Uruguaiana as Sister Training Leaders and going to absolutely tear it up. It's funny - she was my trainer when I got here, and now I'm going to train her to be a Sister Training Leader (: We're very excited about it! But Sister Lins is leaving me and heading home. ): Nooo. I love her so much. I'm going to miss her like crazy, but she is fabulous and has so much ahead of her! She's so great. Crazy how fast a year and a half goes...

And our baptisms. Wow, just typing that already put me in tears. It was so perfect. So so so perfect. I'll start with the background story on this family.

We met them two weeks ago from last Saturday. We received a referral from a referral to go visit them, since they had just moved into the area. When we got there, the FIRST THING that the mom, Viviane, asked us, "My kids have never been baptized. Can you help us so that they can get baptized and that we can live the gospel?" Talk about a dream come true. "OF COURSE WE CAN HELP YOU." They accepted everything we taught them, without even a hint of doubt. We marked their baptism date in the very first visit. And as we worked with that family, we saw so many changes in their lives. They are already, truly, living the gospel.

And Saturday could have been the greatest day of my life. I really think that it was. It was my absolute dream to have a wedding on the mission! And it finally happened. Viviane and Jorge had  been living together for the past 13 years and already had 5 children together. When we told them that, to live the Law of Chastity, they had to be married, they said, "PERFECT. Let's do it." So before the baptism, we had a wedding. And it was the most darling thing in the entire world. They truly have so much love for each other. When the bishop pronounced them husband and wife, Jorge just broke down and started bawling. He just hugged Viviane saying, "Te amo. Te amo." Holy cow, Sister Lins and I were bawling. The cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. 

And the baptism went so well. The kids, Kerolyn, Endreo, and Brenda, were a little nervous to get baptized, but everything went perfectly! They did so great (: And we didn't even have any redos! (; But I think the most special part about the entire night was when I gave them a card that I had written. I talked about how much their family had blessed our lives and how eternally grateful I was for them. I wrote about how the Lord truly put them in our path and how they have been preparing for this day for a long time, without ever knowing it until now. As they were reading, Viviane started bawling. I went over and gave her the biggest hug and told her how much I love her and how proud I am of her. She wouldn't let go. She just sobbed and said, "Obrigada Sister. Obrigada." Psh. The tears started again. 

I don't think I will be able to tell you all how I feel right now. It's just sheer gratitude. All of it. The changes that I have seen in this family have been absolutely incredible. I have such a strong testimony that this gospel changes families. It changes so many lives. I was able to see it take place in 5 people just on Saturday. Sister Lins said today, "Sister, let's put this into numbers. 2 weeks, 1 family, 1 wedding and 5 baptisms. How good is the Lord?" I am so grateful. So so so grateful for the things that took place this week. I really think I cried every day because of how thankful I am for what the Lord has done for us, and for putting that family into our lives. So special.

I love you all. I love this gospel. I am so grateful for all the things that I am learning. This transfer wasn't easy. There seemed to many things that fell through. But it ended perfectly. Just perfectly. And I owe it all to the Lord.

Have a great week.

Sister Card
xoxo

PS - keep Elder Card in your prayers. He's killin it out there in Peru (: Love you bud!

After the fact. LOVE HER SO MUCH!

After the wedding (:

Baptism (:

Batismo perfeito!

Cuties (:

First time they said that anyone had ever made them a cake... ):

Kerolyn and Brenda (: 

"You may now kiss the bride." (: (: (: CUTEST EVER.

Just doing some mending for the Elders (: 
Dana would be so proud of my sewing (;


Pizza and Celine. No better combination (;

Relief Society President's birthday (:

We were the witnesses for the wedding. Signing the paperwork (:

No comments:

Post a Comment