Monday, June 23, 2014

Far too grateful



Hey everyone!

Remember how I was all sorts of concerned about how nothing was going right? Well, now, everything is going right. I can't express my gratitude. I know that the Lord is doing all of this work. He is blessing us in ways that I will never be able to describe. I feel so grateful for the things that are taking place here. I can't begin to tell you all how happy, how grateful, and how lucky I feel right now. Heavenly Father is amazing.

I've always been on the lookout for families to bring to the gospel. I've seen how much the gospel has blessed my family, and I know that it has the power to bring every family closer together. When I think of the effects that the gospel has on families, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. So it has been a constant search for me.

This week, we marked the baptism dates of seven people to be baptized this Saturday! We have a family of 5 that is absolutely incredible. I've never met a family so golden in my life. For real, they are perfect. They have accepted everything that we have taught them, have committed to get married and be baptized on Saturday, and are truly living the gospel. I am absolutely amazed at the things that they have accomplished in the short time that we have been teaching them. We found them two weeks ago, and now they are going to be baptized. Just like that! Incredible (:

And Marcilene, one of the women that we baptized here, has always expressed how much she wanted to include her daughters in the gospel. So of course, we started teaching them. It started out a little slowly. They weren't too keen on the idea of changing religions (since they were attending another church), but we weren't about to give up. After countless prayer, countless fasts, we started to make some progress. This week, we marked their baptism dates for Saturday as well. 

It was all I thought about this week. I've been looking my entire mission for families to baptize and bring into the gospel. And this week, we will be bringing two complete families into the gospel. Two of them. I don't think I can even begin to express how grateful I feel for it. We have had so much help from the ward, so much help from the Lord, everything. I am so happy that these two families are going to be taking this step to be baptized this weekend. I know, without a doubt, that the gospel is going to bless their lives in such an incredible way. It already is. 

I am so thankful for this church. I am thankful for the blessing that it is for families. It really is everything. When I think of the changes that it has made in my family alone, I am filled with gratitude. But now, I am able to see how much it has changed other families as well. There is not a doubt in my mind that this church is true. This gospel is everything to me. It has been the greatest blessing in the entire world to watch these two families changes their lives and apply these gospel principles in their day-to-day. 

I'm just filled with gratitude this week. That's all there is to it. So beyond grateful that I am here, serving as a missionary.

I love you all. I hope you have a great week (:

Sister Card
xoxo

SO unintentional. We were dying. I was wearing a Brazil shirt and 
Sister Lins was wearing a Salt Lake shirt. Perfect.

The new cover for the Restoration pamphlet... Whaaat? (;

Well, looks like the streets flooded... Thank you for the rain?

Noite Familiar!

Power went out this week... Our candlelight dinner (;

This was my best idea yet! We were having a few problems with our investigators praying. They kept forgetting! So I thought of prayer rocks. Haha. Here's how it goes. Put the rock on your pillow. At night, when you lay down, you'll hit your head and remember, "Oh yeah, I need to pray!" You'll kneel down and put the rock on the floor beside you. In the morning, when you wake up, you'll stub your toe on the rock and remember, "Oh yeah, I need to pray!" Then, put the rock on your pillow again and start all over. Hahaha I totally said this as a joke, but Sister Lins loved the idea, so we did it for real (; And now our investigators are praying (:

Throwing away coffee (: Missionary life is the best thing ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment