Monday, February 17, 2014

Loving my life. Of course.



Hey everyone (:

Well, again, I can't believe it is Monday and that I am honestly writing another email. But what a week it was. Let me just say that it was FULL of emotions. But I am eternally grateful for the things I learned this week.

So Monday night, I got a call from my sweet Sister Jensen. Yes, we FINALLY got to talk. We only got to talk for a little while, but it was so good to hear from her. She is doing so well. I love that girl so much. But she had some news for me... Remember Kim, our cute investigator in Prattville, Alabama? Well last Saturday night, she was in a car accident and passed away. She was only 27 years old, with a 7 year old and a 3 year old. Holy heartbreak. I still can't even believe it. But Sister Jensen and I were talking about something that I will never ever forget. We were talking about the fact that Kim wanted to get baptized and live the gospel so badly, but there was always something impeding. It just never happened. It was like she wasn't progressing, but every time we went over there, we knew we needed to keep visiting her. And every lesson seemed to be about the Plan of Salvation. Six months ago, I had no idea why we were visiting Kim. Why were we spending so much of our time and efforts on someone who wasn't progressing in the gospel? But we followed the Spirit. We kept working with her, because we knew that was what Heavenly Father wanted us to do. So we did it. We followed the Spirit and kept visiting her. Kim Livingston is someone who is SO special to me. I have spent countless nights praying for her and many hours studying for the things that she needed. Six months later, I am able to see how much the Lord was truly prevalent in our work there. He knew the end from the beginning. He knew exactly what Kim Livingston needed to learn from Kaylee Jensen and Jazmyn Card. I am SO beyond grateful for the chance that I had to spend so much time with Kim and to truly grow to love her so much. Such a powerful, wonderful experience to be a part of. I will miss Kim more than I can even explain, but I know that she has finally accepted the gospel, and that now, she is helping others receive that same joy that she has.

Things are going so well here. We are really getting things going here with everyone! Our investigators, the members, less-actives, recent-converts, everyone. But I have a really strong feeling that I am going to be leaving São Gabriel this next transfer. I want to stay SO badly. These new people that we are working with are incredible. I can't imagine leaving right as things are really starting to get going! I guess we will find out next week! (Can you believe another transfer has already gone by?) We will see!

We have been working with Simone, the housekeeper of Lucio (a less-active member) for a few months now. She is absolutely amazing. She came to church for the first time yesterday and absolutely loved it. Our lesson in Gospel Principles was on baptism, and she said, in front of everyone, "Oh, I know that I will get baptized in this church, without a doubt. I just need to learn a little more. I just feel like you are one big family and that I belong here." Crying. She's perfect. She's got a little daughter, Sabrina, who is 10 and wants to get baptized as well. We are SO excited for them. We are shooting for March 1 with them, if they come to church next week. I love them so much and, honestly, can't wait for them to be a part of this church. 

I have seen countless miracles on my mission. I have grown in ways that are indescribable. I feel like I am finally becoming the person I need to be. I am developing attributes that, beforehand, I thought could never be a part of my life. I am figuring out the things that truly matter. Just being here, being a part of these people's lives is the greatest blessing in the entire world. And even though I miss my family and friends terribly, I know that what I am doing here is exactly what I need to be doing. Every heartache, every tear is worth it. These blessings are more than I could even explain to you. I don't remember the last time I knelt down to pray without absolutely bawling to my Heavenly Father, thanking Him for the blessing of my mission. It's literally every single night without fail. I love this work. I love my mission. I love everything about what I am doing. It is the greatest thing I have ever done, and I can't express how thankful I am that I have changed my life in a way that has led me to this point. What a huge blessing.

I love you all so much. I am so grateful for all of you, the support I get from each one of you. You have all blessed my life in ways that you can't describe. I love you all and continue to pray for you daily. I hope you have a fabulous week. Keep working hard and doing what you need to do. I love you!

Sister Card
xoxo
July 2013:  Javaris, Little Willie, Kim


We had a family night with a Recent Convert family here, 
and in walks Darcy with his Sunday best, saying 
"I am ready for some spiritual knowledge!" 
Hahaha. Cutest thing in the entire world.


Family home evening! I adore all of these cute people so much.


Yay! My cute Sister Ponce hit 9 months!


Minha mamãe vai ser uma mamãe (:


A mãe com TODAS as filhas dela (:

No comments:

Post a Comment