Monday, February 10, 2014

Holy cow, where are the weeks going?



Hey everyone (:

I can't believe it is honestly Monday again! These weeks are going by far too quickly.

What a fabulous week it was! Well, besides the fact that it hit 50 degrees Celsius this week. Not kidding. 122 degrees. I am absolutely dying. I told Sister A. Silva that I have lost every ounce of self-pride this summer. I am mortified that I am walking through the streets looking like I do. I have a good laugh every single day when I walk in the door at 9 pm and see this beauty in the mirror. Que horror! But for real, it just comes with the nametag. I don't think I can express how excited I am for winter. SO excited.

We have been working with a lot of new people lately. It seems like all of our other investigators kind of went... downhill... But, we were able to get a ton of referrals this week and started working with them. We have some FABULOUS new people that we are teaching and I am so so so excited for them.

Wanna hear a really cool story that happened this week? So we are teaching this new girl named Aline and she is about 22. She's absolutely darling and LOVES the Book of Mormon. She reads it every single day. Last week, we left her with 2 Nephi 31, that talks about the steps that we need to take to follow Christ, especially with baptism. So this week, we asked her how it went; if she received an answer about if the Book of Mormon is true or not. She gets all teary-eyed and says, "I think I received an answer, but I don't know for sure. Before I read, I prayed beforehand to know if this book was true. I immediately got a warm feeling of peace and happiness. Then, when I was reading verse 8, (that talks about the Holy Ghost descending as a dove) as soon as I read the word 'dove,' a whole flock of birds flew past my house and I just know that it was true. Is that an answer?" I'm like sitting there, bawling, saying, "YES! That is DEFINITELY an answer." What in the world? That's like straight from a movie or something. The Spirit was so strong in our lesson and I am so excited for her to keep progressing in the gospel. So fabulous.

We also went to Santa Maria this week and had a big huge Zone Conference with a few Zones in the mission. Sister Jensen wasn't there, so I still haven't seen her yet... But I will (: It was a great conference. But I think the best part of it was the fact that we got to go to Subway afterward! I was in tears eating that sandwich hahaha. Not kidding. As much as I love rice and beans every single day, there was nothing better than eating a Subway sandwich with a large coke on the side. 

Yesterday, we had the greatest Sacrament Meeting ever. We had a good old talk with the Ward Council and made the 2nd Sunday of each month "Domingo Missionario" where we make the entire Sacrament Meeting about things that are more applicable to investigators. So yesterday was all about the Restoration. It was the most powerful Sacrament Meeting I have ever been in on my mission. When Ana Lemos, a member, was reciting the First Vision, the entire room was silent. In 4 months here, I have never experienced silence in that chapel. Everyone was in tears. It was SO dang powerful. I loved it so much. I want you all to know that I have such a strong testimony of the Restoration of this gospel. It has blessed my life in so many ways and I feel so beyond grateful for the courage of Joseph Smith. He has had more of an impact in my life than anyone else in this church, and I am SO grateful for all he has done in his life. Read D&C 135 if you want to just bawl. He is incredible.

Things are going so well here. I love my life. I love my mission. I am so grateful for the things that are taking place here. And for the things happening at home. Chandra Dozier getting baptized? GREATEST THING EVER. I am so so so so happy for you Chandra (: Finally! (: I love you all so much and I am so grateful for this gospel in my life. I am so grateful for the next 7 months I have to dedicate to my Savior and my Father in Heaven. There is nothing better.

I love you all so much! Have a fabulous week and Valentine's day (: Yay for being alone on Valentine's Day! But this year, I have an excuse (; Haha. Love you all!

Sister Card
xoxo

Bruna (: She is leaving on her mission in March and she is the cutest thing ever, right?

Cutest little boys ever. Every time we come over, they run over with huge smiles on their faces, 
yelling, "Tia! Tia! Você chegou!!!" I adore them so much. Christian and Jonathan. So cute. 

Família Cabreira (: Cuties!

BAPTISM. Juraci is the cutest ever! Manuel, Juraci, Elenara and Presidente Felipe <3

Manuel and Elenara! I ADORE them so much. Check out that sweet tanline...

Noite Familiar with Eva (:

Photo bomb by the companheira (:

Sisters and Vera at almoço!

Stuck in the pouring rain. How lovely (:

Vera (:

Zone (:

No comments:

Post a Comment