Monday, July 21, 2014

Way Too Happy



Hey everyone!

Such a great week! I can't believe how quickly the weeks are going now... Like they are going even faster than they were going before. And I have such a lovely companion who sings the hymn "O Fim Se Aproxima" (I don't remember what it is in English...) and seems to remind me of how soon I go home every single day. Hahaha she is the worst sometimes. But I do love her a lot. This morning she woke up and said, "SÓ NOVE SEMANAS SÍSTER. Sua missão já acabou." Terrible. I still have a long time, right? 

Anyway, this week was fabulous. I'm far too happy with the work that we are seeing and the miracles that are taking place. We are in desperate need of new investigators though. We are working our tails off and they just aren't coming... Sister Ponce and I have made a few plans that we are going to put in practice this week to get going with that though. Just pray for us so that we can really do so! 

Juninho got baptized this week (: (: (: Finally!!! After three months of coming to church every week, his dad finally said yes. We died. I was so beyond happy. I don't think I can express how grateful I am to see that there are so many people who are truly able to work hard for the gospel. I saw that in this boy. He truly had the desire to work hard and to follow Christ and he did just that. Because of his dedication to the Lord, he was baptized this week. I hope that I can follow his example and show my dedication and diligence to the Lord. He is incredible.

We are seeing so much growth and progress in the people that we are teaching as well. HOLY COW. We have two more teenage girls that are preparing to be baptized on August 2. We are SO beyond excited for them. Yesterday, Shayani (one of the girls) came up to me and gave me a big hug and said, "Sister, I am going to get baptized on the 2nd! I am so excited for it!" It brought me to tears. Wow. There really is no greater joy in seeing the happiness that the gospel brings and the enthusiasm that these people are feeling because of the decisions they are making. 

I feel grateful every single day to be a missionary. It's the very first thing I thank my Heavenly Father for in my prayers. I love this work. I love my calling. I know that I am exactly where I need to be and that I am doing exactly as the Lord would have me do. This is the happiest that I have ever been. I can't imagine feeling any happier or any better than I do right now. But I know that this is just the beginning. I know that Heavenly Father has even greater things in store for me. It's hard to believe right now, but I know that there are so many things that are going to take place. I am excited for the future. And that is HUGE for me to say now. I know that the Lord is directing my life and that things are going to work out exactly the way that they need to. I love you all so much and I think of you often. I continue to pray for you. I love you all. Have a fabulous week (:

Sister Card
xoxo

Jose and Miguel

Why is he the cutest thing ever (:

Juninho's baptism (:

Noite Familiar with all those we love so dearly.

Sisters and Jose's Family

No comments:

Post a Comment