Monday, December 16, 2013

Survived Week 1 of Training




So, I survived my first week of training! And it was absolutely fantastic. For real.

I have to tell you all that I truly believe in the gift of tongues. As soon as I left São Gabriel to go pick up my new companion, my Portuguese clicked. It was like that moment on "The Best Two Years." Honestly, it was amazing. I was able to speak and understand EVERYTHING. Fluency. It happened. It was the most amazing miracle I have ever seen on my mission. Ever. I am getting teary-eyed thinking about it right now. The Lord truly qualifies those who He calls. This time last week, I was completely inadequate to train. However, with His help, I feel qualified. I feel like I can truly help my new companion.

New companion: Sister Silva. She is fabulous. I don't know if you can imagine two more opposite people than her and I, but we get along so well. She is 25 years old, so it's a little odd telling her what to do because I'm like a baby still. Haha. But she is very humble and is okay with me bossing her around a little bit (; She is from São Paulo, so she can help me out with the language and losing my American accent haha. Pretty soon I will be straight up Brazilian. Sister Silva really is so great though. She has only been a member for three years, but has worked SO hard to get on a mission. I am learning so many things from her every single day.

How excited am I for Christmas? Way too excited I think. I started a Christmas countdown in my planner with Christmas lyrics. I have lyrics written every day from now until Christmas. I altered them a little. Who's ready for some totally un-funny Jazzy humor?

10. "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know?"

9. "Feliz Natal is the Brazilian way to say Merry Christmas to you!"

8. "I should be playin in the winter snow, but Imma be preaching o evangelho."

7. "You better eat mel, you better look sharp, you better work hard, I'm telling you why. President is coming to town." (On the day we have interviews and Christmas conference.)

6. "Jazzy the red nosed missionary, had a very sunburnt nose. And if you ever saw her, you would even say it's gross."

5. "Away in Brazil, no air conditioning for her head, the little Jazzy Card never lays in her bed."

4. "Church bells ring. Are you listening? In the streets, sweat is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're baptizing tonight and walking in a Brazilian wonderland." (On the day of our baptism!)

3. "Dashing through the heat, smiling and saying hey, running to a licão, preparing on the way."

2. "I'll be home for Christmas (next year). You can count on me."

And my personal favorite for Christmas Eve: 

1. "Churrasco roasting on an open fire. Sweat drops dripping off your nose. Christmas hymns being sung by ward choir. Merry Christmas to you."

Oh, I forgot to mention that we are baptizing on Saturday. Artur. He is PERFECT. Think of Rebecca Walters in Brazilian man form. Sorry Rebecca, that sounds super weird and creepy hahahaha. But honestly. He is ELECT. So great. I am so beyond excited for him to get baptized. He is SO beyond excited to get baptized. He is fabulous. 

Things are so great here. I can't express my love for these people here. I bawled every single day this week. I honestly did because I love these people here so much. Sister Silva probably thinks I am crazy for all those tears this week. But I couldn't help it. These people are so fabulous. I cry far too often here. Every single lesson. There's just a lot of love. 

I love being a missionary. I love my calling more than I can ever explain. I am SO grateful to be a missionary at this time. The Lord is hastening His work. We are seeing miracle after miracle here. Things are fabulous. I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Christmas! AH! Can you believe it? I can't think about it too much because I get super sad and cry a lot hahaha. But when I don't think about home and family and Christmas and all that, things are good (; It is SUCH a blessing that I only have to miss one Christmas. I love you all. Have a great week.

Sister Card
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment