Monday, December 9, 2013

Surpise (:



Hey everyone!

I have the best surprise in the world. You ready for it?

Anderson got baptized!!! Yeah, honestly, biggest, best surprise of my whole mission I think. So great! So, I got my first baptism in Brazil (: And it was SO great!

Here's what happened:

We had been talking a lot about baptism with him. A LOT. He was so ready to get baptized, but he honestly was so scared to make the commitment of baptism. We talked a lot, he was very good friends with the youth here, and he was making incredible progress in the gospel. But he still didn't feel ready. So, we decided we needed to focus more on the Savior and the relationship he has with Him. Tuesday night, we had one of the most powerful lessons I have ever had on my mission about the Atonement and the Savior. It was honestly so perfect. When we invited Anderson to baptism again for December 7, he said "No. I am not ready for baptism. I have only been to church 3 times and I don't know if I have received my answer yet. I want to go to church for at least a year and see if this is still what I want." Ughhhhh. Heartbreak. We walked away from that lesson thinking, "What in the world went wrong? Why does he STILL have the desire to wait? He is ready!" So frustrating. We went home and prayed for a miracle.

But then, we had an activity with the youth on Wednesday night. Anderson came and was talking with the kids there. One rapaz, Lucas, who is really good friends with Anderson, came up to us and told us that Anderson wants to get baptized on the 7th. We honestly thought he was kidding. After the activity, we talked to him and he told us that he wanted to get baptized! AH. 

We planned a baptism in three days. Holy stress case. But it ended up being a great day! The Spirit was so strong and we loved it!!! AH, I still can't believe that happened. It was seriously wonderful! (:

Another surprise...

Sister Ponce and I are both staying in São Gabriel!!! We were so sad to be splitting up, because we knew that I was going to train. But, when we got our transfer calls this week, they told us that we were both going to stay and train here! The other sisters are leaving us ): Sister Ponce and I are super pumped to stay another transfer together! It wasn't time to split up yet (: This transfer is going to be so great with her again!

I learned a lot this week, especially about myself. I realized that there are a lot of things that are difficult in life. We make tough choices every single day. And Heavenly Father trusted us enough to make those decisions. When it seems like everyone else is making the wrong choices, however small they may be, we have to step up and be the person that the Lord can trust. If there is a problem and we know about it, we have the responsibility to do something about it. President Monson once said, "And I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him." What an incredible example he is to me. I want to be that person as well. Integrity, people. What are you going to do when no one else is watching? Or sometimes we need to ask ourselves, what are you going to do when everyone is watching? If you don't know who you are yet, keep working to find out who you want to be. And if you do know who you are, don't change for anything. I am beyond grateful that I know who I am, that my standards will not change for anyone or anything. Even if it seems like something small, I know that I will stand my ground in every situation that I am placed in. And even if I am known as "that super annoying missionary" for the rest of my mission, I know what I am here for, and what is expected of me. I am so grateful for the integrity that I have been given in my life.

I love my mission. I am so excited for this next transfer. It is going to be absolutely incredible. The Lord is hastening His work. How great is my joy for bringing one soul to Him this week (: I am so grateful to be here, to be working for such a great cause. I love this church. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I love being a missionary. 

Have a beautiful week. I love you all.

Sister Card
xoxo

Anderson, his brother Everson, and his dad Ricardo!

Anderson's baptism (:

Companheria (:

Merry Christmas (: Check out my nice missionary tanlines on my arms... LOVELY.

We made some unreaaaaal cakes for the baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment