Monday, November 25, 2013

Survival of one month in Brazil!



Hey everyone!

Where did this week go? No, where did this month go? I cannot believe how quickly this time has gone. It blows my mind. This week was filled with so many things. It was a fast week, but SO many things happened, so be prepared for a super long email... Sorry (:

First things first... (Mom don't read this part...) Food poisioning... It happened. AH. Tuesday, I almost died. (Not really, don't panic!) I have no idea what I ate, but I felt so awful. Suuuper yucky. I was out for the day, but after a Priesthood blessing and a lot of prayer, I got back to work the next day. I was all sorts of worried, but the Elders made it seem like it was so not a big deal. It happens. Let's all just be grateful that it wasn't anything serious (:

This week it rained like crazy. And no, we never had our umbrellas. Thank you Heavenly Father for helping our future husbands be a lot more handsome and incredible. (Sister Missionary humor.) I was drenched 90% of the week this week, with rain or sweat. That was gross, sorry. But really! It is either pouring rain or a billion degrees. And a lot of people have tin roofs here, so the heat is amplified 50x. Gotta love it haha. Missionary life is so great. 

The language is coming along so well. I was "senior companion" a few days this week and took control of our lessons. I actually cried in one of our lessons! Yay for understanding and speaking in Portuguese AND feeling the Spirit. Such a blessing (:

Our investigators... kind of blah right now. This area is pretty rough with baptizing. None of the missionaries have baptized this transfer yet. We are praying and working hard though. We have a lot of faith. These people are ready for the gospel, whether they know it or not! So there's not much to report there. We are meeting lots of new people and working with the members a lot. If we can get the members more involved, giving us referrals and people to teach, we know that things will move a lot faster here! We did have two investigators at church yesterday though (:

One thing I've got to say. I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR MY UGLY SHOES. If I didn't have comfy shoes, I would DIE here. We are walking aaaaaaall day long, and if I didn't have those shoes, I would be bawling all day. So, Alexander and Kennedy, even though you made fun of my ugly shoes so much, I am so grateful for them! So ha (;

I came across a quote this week that changed my perspective on why I am here from Neal A. Maxwell. So amazing:

"The same God that placed that star in a precise orbit milenia before it appeared over Bethlehem in celebration of the birth of the Babe has given at least equal attention to placement of each of us in precise human orbits so that we may, if we will, illuminate the landscape of our individual lives, so that our light may not only lead others but warm them as well."

The Lord knows exactly why each of us are here on this earth. He is such an incredible plan for each of us. We are all so interconnected for a reason. We can't let any opportunity pass us by. You never know who may need your smile, your "hello" or your kind word. I try to think of that every day while I am here. There are people who need ME and MY talents and abilities. I can't just be an observer. I have to share what I have - the gospel, my personality, my gifts. You never know who may need it.

I love you all. I love this work. I am so grateful to be serving a mission. I love it here. I am truly falling in love with everything that is happening here. I am becoming who I need to be and I am loving every minute of my mission. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am eternally grateful for all of you in my life. This week (even though we don't have Thanksgiving here...) I will be thinking of how grateful I am for all the people in my life. You are fabulous. Really. I love you all. Have a great week and a great Thanksgiving. Remember to be thankful for what is most important in your life (: I love you.

Sister Card
xoxo


Love her!  (:

The pig that our investigators are planning on eating for Christmas.  Lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment