Monday, October 14, 2013

Biggest Rush of Emotions EVER



Hey y'all!

Can I just tell you guys that this week has been the craziest week of my entire life? I don't think I've ever cried as much as I have this week, from happiness and sadness. It's been a mess of a week, but it's ended up being absolutely incredible.

I'll start with transfers because that was insane. We had interviews with President Hanks this week, and he flat out told us that one of us was leaving. So all day Saturday, we were so antsy, waiting for the call to tell us who was supposed to leave. The APs called us, telling us that Sister Jensen was leaving, and I was staying here to train. Holy overwhelming. I hadn't received any training myself, and now I was supposed to train? So Saturday night consisted of a lot of crying and praying and asking Heavenly Father to help me do this.

Sunday morning was Stake Conference. I was feeling okay with what was happening at this point, then President Hanks comes up and pulls us aside. He goes off on how he prayed so hard about what he should do with us, since we are visa waiters. He knew that he needed to split us up. So he did. After we got our transfer call, in comes Jazmyn Card's visa. Whaaaat? As soon as he told me, I just started bawling. I did not want to leave. Immediately, I thought of leaving all the people here that I adore, the missionaries that have become my family, President and Sister Hanks, everyone. I couldn't imagine leaving and doing this all over again. My heart literally broke.

I had a rough next few hours. It didn't seem like real life. We went to the Nielsen's and I was just bawling; SO sad to be leaving. After talking with Jeanine for a while, I realized that this isn't about me. None of this is about me. I need to go where the Lord needs me to go. So even though this is going to be such a hard thing for me to do, I will go and do what He needs me to do.

President has now told me that I will be transferring this Wednesday. I'm going somewhere to be a Sister Training Leader for about two weeks, and then I'll be going to Brazil. I can't believe that this is happening. The last few days have seemed like such a blur and to say the least, I haven't gotten any sleep. It will be a crazy few weeks coming up, but I am very excited now. I'm feeling good because I know that I'm in the Lord's hands. Even if I end up speaking Portuguese with a Southern twang, I know that the Lord will take care of me. He always does.

I feel very blessed to have served in Prattville for so long. Alabama has been so good to me. I know that this is exactly where I was needed to be. I have seen miracle after miracle after miracles and I have seen lives change. I can't imagine not serving in Alabama for so long. I served here for a third of my mission, and Alabama has definitely become a part of me. I am so eternally grateful for this time I have had here. My life will forever be changed because of what I have done here. I know that I will be friends with these people forever. I will never be able to express the love I feel for the people here and for this time I have spent here. Heavenly Father knew exactly what He was doing when He sent me here.

I've had a rough week. I really have. This week, we were told some heartbreaking things. There is nothing more devastating than when someone tells you they don't ever want to come back to the church, especially when you love them so much. As a missionary, you want to help everyone come back to the fold of God, but you have to allow people their agency. And it's hard. I know that everything happens for a reason. Just remember: the church is perfect, but the people aren't. That was a hard lesson for me to learn as a teenager, and an even harder lesson for me to learn as a missionary. But it has strengthened my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. It is the truth, in its entirety. Never forget that. Never forget how much your Savior loves you. It doesn't matter what those imperfect people do. Love them anyway, despite your differences. It's hard, but it's worth it.

I'm grateful for my mission. I know that this is exactly what I need to do at this point of my life. This is the greatest experience I've ever had. I love every minute of it. I can't believe how fast my time is going, but I am so excited for what lies ahead. Things are going to be so different in Brazil, but I know that I will get through it and continue to love my mission, because I have the Lord on my side and because I am doing His work.

I hope that you all have an amazing week. I love you all so much!

Sister Card
xoxo


Our District

And again...


Eden is the cutest little girl ever.


The Elders made a cake... Such an "Elders" cake hahahaha


Halloween decorations (:


Lea and Michelle! I LOVE THEM.


Lunch today (: LOVE this girl.


Madison. Michelle's daughter. Cutest EVER


Patricia, Rebecca's momma!


Sister Hatch on her birthday!


Dale! She's the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment