Monday, October 28, 2013

And She's Off...




What a day!  It was so incredible to talk with Jazzy.  She had a tracphone we sent to her to use at the airport with 250 minutes talk time, and yes, we used every minute!  She left Tupelo early this morning, drove to Birmingham and the AP’s took her to the Birmingham airport.  She flew to Miami with a very long layover before her Sao Paulo flight.  After two more flights tomorrow (to Puerto Alegro and then to Santa Maria), she should arrive in Santa Maria Tuesday at 1:50 p.m. (9:50 a.m. MST).  Luckily, she did meet up with two additional missionaries headed to Santa Maria – Sister Williams from Texas (visa waiting for 6 weeks in Montana) and Elder Rogers from Boston (coming directly from the Provo MTC). 

She was out of minutes on her phone, but had enough to send this final text messages to share: 

On the plane!  I can’t believe I’m outta here. Oh my word I’m already loving this.  So incredible! :) People totally think I’m Brazilian and keep speaking to me in Portuguese.  Wish me luck!  I love y’all and will see you before you know it.  The Church is true.  Brazil has no idea what’s about to hit them.  I’m ready to go out and change the world!  Lhes amo :) 

I hope to hear that she arrived safely tomorrow, but we may not get anything from her until next Monday on her p-day.  I’ll let you know.  The next 11 months are going to be incredibly hard, but such an adventure.  She’s really had the best of both worlds with a stateside and a foreign mission.  Thanks for all your love and support for Jazzy. 

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment