Monday, April 8, 2013

Letter 1 - First Day at MTC



Family –



Hello!!!  So my P-day isn’t until next week, I believe on Tuesdays, but I’m sure you’re DYING to know how I’m doing after my first day.  Let me tell you…I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.  Honestly, it is already the most incredible thing I’ve done, and I’ve only been here for like 8 hours.  It’s been a really long day.  I feel like I’ve been here for weeks already.  Everyone is so happy and just loves the Lord so much. 



Today I saw like everyone – Cody Harris, Justin Cloward, Melissa, Chandler Oborn, McCall Moderzitski, Sydney Jorgensen and Jackson’s old buddy Jaden Beckstrand!  Isn’t that crazy?  He got here today and is going to Portugal, so we are both learning Portuguese.  We started our Portuguese today and I’m unreal!  I understood like 90% of what the teacher ON THE FIRST DAY.  The accent is tough and I keep wanting to speak Spanish, but I’ll get it.  And understanding it is like half the battle, so I’m feeling really good. 



Okay, so get this, my companion is the girl that I met on Facebook, going to my same mission!  So we’ve already been talking for like months now, and now we’re companions!  She’s so awesome, and I already love her so much.  Her name is Kaylee Jensen.  She’s from our favorite place:  Tennessee!  Not close to Morristown at all, but it’s fine!  And she went to BYU.  She’s a gem.  Our district has 12 people in it.  6 boys and 6 girls.  Sister Jensen and I and a companionship of elders are going to Santa Maria [one of those boys is so cute – it’s so bad, I already got my first crush.  DON’T WORRY, I’M FOCUSING ON THE LORD] and the other 8 are all going to another mission in Brazil.  All 6 of us girls live in one room and I love them all so much.  It’s crammed in here, but we love each other so it’s good.   



Today, I got here, got my nametag, dropped off my bags, went straight to Portuguese class for an hour, had orientation, ate dinner, unpacked for a little, started TEACHING some “investigators” [in English, luckily], met our Zone Leaders and now we’re in our rooms.  They really get you going here.  It’s amazing.  I have already learned so much about the mission and about the missionary I want to be.  The biggest thing I learned about mission work is that it really isn’t about you.  The things that YOU feel are important, might not be important to your investigators or to the Lord.  Heavenly Father knows and loves each one of his children, and He will guide me to teach in His way.  Isn’t that such a cool lesson?  I love it so much. 



But the mission life is incredible.  I love it already.  And there really were no more tears!  I hope it was the same for you guys!  Don’t miss me too much.  I’m not THAT great.  But I really do love this work already.  It is already the greatest thing I’ve ever done, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.  I love you.  I love the Lord and I love His gospel.  It really is so perfect.  Down to 17 months and 29 days!  That’s like nothing.  I love you!!!



Sister Card

No comments:

Post a Comment